January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

Just now, Jono62 said:

I'm hearing from my sources that Mbappe is going to sign a pre contract agreement with Villa. Says Lange's smile was the deciding factor.

are you sure u heard that right?, maybe your source was actually saying "better Bacon Baps are going to be sold pre match at Villa".

much more likely.....

36 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

are you sure u heard that right?, maybe your source was actually saying "better Bacon Baps are going to be sold pre match at Villa".

much more likely.....

Wish i had gotten a bacon bap last time at villa park...that tomato and chickpea pie my mrs bought me was dire...

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Is Zakaria really that good?

For that price or anything around it yeah. He's worth probably low end 40 mil. Would massively boost our ball retention with his passing. Can play CDM or CB. Would need to improve his pressing though in the Premier league but only slightly below mcginn, good interceptions as well. Good dribbler.

To add wanted him last summer as well as this one. 

Edited by MotoMkali
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

I know everyone seems to really rate the guy, but I don't think his stats are that good personally. Still, 6 million is probably a steal. 

I would say pressures seem to just be lower in the bundesliga than in other leagues. I think this potentially makes some defensive stats look worse than others. Grillitsch or Endo would be good but they would inevitably cost a lot of money and I think Zakaria is enough of an upgrade to our squad. In 2 positions of relative need that it is a snip. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

For that price or anything around it yeah. He's worth probably low end 40 mil. Would massively boost our ball retention with his passing. Can play CDM or CB. Would need to improve his pressing though in the Premier league but only slightly below mcginn, good interceptions as well. Good dribbler.

To add wanted him last summer as well as this one. 

He is also 6'3 and REALLY fast.

No way will he be leaving there for just 6m he would be cheap at 3 times that even with the contract situation.

Edited by paul514
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

Spoken about Nice a few times on here, they're building very well.

Linked with Cherki from Lyon now to go with the brilliant Gouiri who they got off them for about £6m.

Owned by him who owns ineos, Britain's richest man but at the same time seem to be building something rather than chucking money at it aimlessly, got Gouiri, Bard, Stengs, dolberg, todibo and then amavi and kluivert on loan, also got the lille manager that won the league last year 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

I know everyone seems to really rate the guy, but I don't think his stats are that good personally. Still, 6 million is probably a steal. 

I think it mostly comes from his contract situation and knowing that he'll be cheap that he represents some of the best value we could get. I don't think many think he's a world beater but very good value for the outlay and with the attention he's been getting with United and Juve links would represent a bit of a coup.

Similar with Boubacar Kamara.

7 hours ago, paul514 said:

He is also 6'3 and REALLY fast.

No way will he be leaving there for just 6m he would be cheap at 3 times that even with the contract situation.

He can leave for free in the summer. Monchengladbach will cash in for anything they can get now

30 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He can leave for free in the summer. Monchengladbach will cash in for anything they can get now

Unless they feel it's better to keep him due to the risk of them getting into a relegation fight.

They should have enough about them to avoid it but the table is tight near the play off spot.