January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

36 minutes ago, sne said:

Excellent! Another kid with a name that commentators will struggle to pronounce. I love our youth set up, great trolling.

Bacree Sag-na: Paul Merson can't pronounce anything

"And it's the young lad whose gotten on the end of it, Katsuk..., Kantu...., Kats.., Katsakayuna. Great finish, great goal. Villa 1-0"

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TRO said:

Wasn't too impressed watching Weston McKennie the other night v Chelsea....I think we should maybe steer clear of that one.

I’ve seen him a few times for Juventus, I think he would be a good addition. He’s tigerish and good in the tackle, I saw him on channel 64 called Freesports on Freeview

• Like 1

I hope we may renew our interest in Cheik Doucoure. He is exactly what we need to play six. He is so good at winning the ball back, he’s physical but he can also play. Still young too. If we could sign him and McKennie the energy in our midfield would double instantly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, M_Afro said:

I hope we may renew our interest in Cheik Doucoure. He is exactly what we need to play six. He is so good at winning the ball back, he’s physical but he can also play. Still young too. If we could sign him and McKennie the energy in our midfield would double instantly.

I was all for this last summer, but wonder now if that’s the role Ireogbunam will take over. Think there’s only 18 months or so between them, but agree he’s a very good option if young Tim doesn’t make it. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Awol said:

I was all for this last summer, but wonder now if that’s the role Ireogbunam will take over. Think there’s only 18 months or so between them, but agree he’s a very good option if young Tim doesn’t make it. 

I didn’t realise they were so close in age. It looks as though Tim is 2.5 years younger. Maybe have Doucoure for a couple of years with Tim as the successor. Then hopefully sell Doucoure at a large profit.

Know clubs have decided to not sell player to Newcastle but I'd be open to flog Ings to Newcastle for £50m-£60m and bring in Julian Alvarez instead (if that is still possible).

Just don't see Ings fitting in sadly and while he'd score some goals for Newcastle they don't really create anything so he'd have nothing to work with.

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, sne said:

Know clubs have decided to not sell player to Newcastle but I'd be open to flog Ings to Newcastle for £50m-£60m and bring in Julian Alvarez instead (if that is still possible).

Just don't see Ings fitting in sadly and while he'd score some goals for Newcastle they don't really create anything so he'd have nothing to work with.

I mean, 50-60m is a lot of money. I don't think there's a single member of the squad currently aside from Martinez that I wouldn be averse to selling for that kind of money.

Edited by Laughable Chimp

14 minutes ago, sne said:

if Newcastle wanted to sign El Ghazi, Trez or Davis i would bite their hand off.

• Like 1

Liked the look of Michael Olise, there was a few on here championing him when we were re building our squad  the first time. 

No offence to Palace but it's an easier gateway to first team action and the pay that goes with it. Our grads need to focus even harder now to make it in to SG's team but if they are good enough, he will give them a go.

All that said, we'll have a better idea once he starts spending money, if the targets are Pau Torres level, the kids may need to be a little more patient and drive thselves to a level they haven't yet.

And the inevitable Liverpool links starts popping up in the rags. Joe Gomez this time who apparently is 24 y.o now.

Lets leave this one to Eddie Howe to spunk £30m-£40m on while we look somewhere else please.

Edited by sne
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, sne said:

And the inevitable Liverpool links starts popping up in the rags. Joe Gomez this time who's apparently is 24 y.o now.

Lets leave this one to Eddie Howe to spunk £30m-£40m on while we look somewhere else please.

He'll be warming their bench when fit and is barely an upgrade on the worst of our 4. Paper talk crap as usual unless Gerrard has a 2024  pre Liverpool contract agreement that he has to move any unwanted fringe players on to his new rich club🤪

2 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

A couple of years ago I'd have had Gomez as the best English centre half. Gone south a lot since then for some reason.

He was/still is highly thought off and has several England caps to his name. However, if he is earning the reported £85K a week, then we shouldn’t be pursuing him. He’d want an improved contract to move and he’s not starting ahead of Konsa or Mings, so it’s a big no from me.