January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

23 hours ago, nick76 said:

Why do we have to rank players these days.  McGinn, Luiz, Ings and Cash have all been brilliant recently.  All offering differing things for us and we are benefiting with the recent wins for us, long may it continue.

So we can disagree.

• Haha 3

20 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

We already have too many players, not a clear system, and a bunch of prospects coming through. Right now I don't think we need to sign anyone and I hope we don't; the only thing that will make me change my mind is either us plummeting into the bottom 3 or a major injury crisis.

I think you are right....We have to see how far the kids can go, they could save us money.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

at least there's only 2 ranks that a footballer can possibly be - 

world class

shit

So many average people in the world but God forbid a footballer have an average performance 😂

1 hour ago, Rightdm00 said:

So many average people in the world but God forbid a footballer have an average performance 😂

Remember it wasn’t a performance issue it has to be the wrong formation 😉

Linked with Lingard again, doubt it. Would not be surprised to see him at Newcastle thou.

And some very vague links to Stoke CB Harry Souttar. He's really, really tall so maybe he can play DCM...

Edited by sne

On 09/10/2021 at 10:32, sne said:

Linked with Lingard again, doubt it. Would not be surprised to see him at Newcastle thou.

And some very vague links to Stoke CB Harry Souttar. He's really, really tall so maybe he can play DCM...

Both of them would be shrewd purchases in my opinion, I have only seen Souttar play once against us and he looked class

43 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Both of them would be shrewd purchases in my opinion, I have only seen Souttar play once against us and he looked class

Still no thanks to Lingard for reasons stated before.  

Don’t have enough knowledge on Souttar to have an opinion.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Could you state those reasons why you don’t want Lingard please? 

Haven’t got much time but covered loads in summer thread but essentially him as a person doesn’t have the right mentality I want at the club on many fronts.  A big fat no from me!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

Haven’t got much time but covered loads in summer thread but essentially him as a person doesn’t have the right mentality I want at the club on many fronts.  A big fat no from me!

He seems to be talented but very streaky - for the kind of fee and wages involved, I'd want someone a lot more dependable and frankly a little more serious/professional than him. 

• Like 2