Aaron Danks (coach)

HalfTimePost

8 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Danks is an attacking coach apparently since he joined we have been shit

Another Purslow flop as no way Smith wanted him over O'Kelly

Didn’t he come in after Lange, it’s just as likely one of his appointments over Purslow.

Danks had worked a lot in academy football, first with West Brom and then with the England youth teams, I suspect we had an idea that he'd be good to work with the academy players coming through into the first team, but then our U18 coach Liam Bramley was promoted to that role before leaving for Norwich. He was with Kompany at Anderlecht before joining us, so maybe a chance he could end up at Burnley.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

Danks, McPhee and Cutler still here then.

Culter should defo stay.

Danks and mcphee need to go too.

I would have debated critchley, depending on who is planned to take over permanently and when.

• Like 3

I think it’s unfair to give this guy too much stick. We don’t really know what goes on behind the scenes and on the training pitch. We’ve had a hugely bloated coaching staff over two regimes now. Do we really know who does what on the training field? We don’t know how big or small a role he had. Maybe his ideas have been ignored.  Danks may well be a fine coach but the team performance and the whole setup has been a mess, and the responsibility for that lies with Gerrard. 

I hope Danks gets good support at the weekend. He needs it. 

• Like 1

I have to say I was excited with Danks arriving at the club he has a decent body of work but the fact is since he has been at the club our football overall has become turgid.

Initially it looked like it improved but then it’s become slow lethargic predictable and weak.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Exeter Fan Too said:

any idea which Bodymoor Heath staff will be supporting Danks on Sunday? Names not mentioned in the Board statement.

I think it will be McPhee and Cutler. They are the only ones left. McPhee and Cutler appear to be board appointments rather than Manger appointments, which means they survive the sacking of Deano and Gerrard.

Â