Aaron Danks (coach)

HalfTimePost

Ok first mistake, he’s just brought McGinn on.

But I think he deserves a lot of credit for immediately recognising that the team needed more solidity in midfield, that McGinn shouldn’t start, and that Luiz benefits from another holding player next to him.

Once you do that, the rest kind of picks itself.

• Like 1

I don’t think Danks should be in the frame for permanent manager, because that’s how you end up with OGS in charge. He’d be found out over time.

But I do hope he gets a nice bonus for his work today, and this result will look great in his CV when he moves on from our club.

34 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Ok first mistake, he’s just brought McGinn on.

But I think he deserves a lot of credit for immediately recognising that the team needed more solidity in midfield, that McGinn shouldn’t start, and that Luiz benefits from another holding player next to him.

Once you do that, the rest kind of picks itself.

That wasn’t really a mistake from a man management perspective , he dropped him there’s no need to bomb him out like Gerrard did to Sanson.

• Like 1

He can't even be in the conversation as a permanent manager, we cannot risk our future on someone in their first management job. He's just made selling the role to another manager so, so much easier though, and definitely deserves some thanks and a payrise for that

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Davkaus said:

He can't even be in the conversation as a permanent manager, we cannot risk our future on someone in their first management job. He's just made selling the role to another manager so, so much easier though, and definitely deserves some thanks and a payrise for that

I don't think anyone is saying that after one match?

Just now, gwi1890 said:

That wasn’t really a mistake from a man management perspective , he dropped him there’s no need to bomb him out like Gerrard did to Sanson.

Was a joke - agree.

Also interesting that Sanson still isn't getting a look in.

Just now, osmark86 said:

I don't think anyone is saying that after one match?

Some people were, probably tongue in cheek though. Wouldn't be the first time a club has given the permanent job to a caretaker and we can't fall into that trap

Think this was a classic case of a new manager bounce. 

We need to not be clouded by reactionary conclusions. 

Great win today but he isn't in consideration for the job. 

Â