Aaron Danks (coach)

HalfTimePost

2 minutes ago, a m ole said:

If he was at odds with Stevie and he pulls out some actual football at the weekend he can take his get out of jail free card and stay.

thin ice buckaroo.

I was thinking.

Imagine if he does something simple like set them in a formation which plays to their strengths.

Not sure he'd go as far as dropping McGinn though.

Would possibly be interested in seeing McGinn played further forward on the left.

Less.passing responsibility and mor.eopportunity to attack, which he's certainly better at.

6 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I was thinking.

Imagine if he does something simple like set them in a formation which plays to their strengths.

Not sure he'd go as far as dropping McGinn though.

Would possibly be interested in seeing McGinn played further forward on the left.

Less.passing responsibility and mor.eopportunity to attack, which he's certainly better at.

The midfield he’s left with atm does make it harder to achieve pretty football, but if he can make us look a threat in one game it would go a long way to repairing trust

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

The only thing I know about Danks is that when he came in under Smith, we got worse. Let’s hope he has great ideas but hasn’t been able to prove himself yet.

Hopefully he will not be in charge for long.

Sunday is a tough gig for what may be his only game in charge.

Given his own lack of experience  as a professional footballer at the highest level, the big challenge with be to convince the players he knows what it required. I am hoping that whichever 11 are picked to start they are fully committed to producing an overdue performance and result.

let’s hope he can wind them up and point them in the right direction. 

The fans will also have a key roll in driving the team on. I am hoping for one of those days when Villa park is rocking and they stay with the team throughout, regardless of the final result.

Good Luck Aaron 

UTV

Anybody know enough about Danks to take a guess what he'll do?   Will he be likely to try a "same basic lineup and formation but try harder "approach?   (that would be worst possible IMO)  will he try 442, 451 instead?  Drop McGinn.  Dougie is unavailable, so what will he do to shore up a the defensive side of mid?  Any informed guesses our there.  I know some things I would try (Nakamba and Donker in the DCM post)  with two wide and Ollie and Archer up front)  but what i would try means nothing (i'de also be quick to change if it was a disaster)

4 hours ago, Lochheads twin said:

Sunday is a tough gig for what may be his only game in charge.

Given his own lack of experience  as a professional footballer at the highest level, the big challenge with be to convince the players he knows what it required. 

UTV

Given the fact that Gerrard couldn’t convince them with his outstanding experience as a professional footballer at the highest level I’d say he has no f*****g chance.

If we look good tomorrow just give him the job to the World Cup/End of the season! He can be the Brummie Pep Guardiola
I've been a fan of Aaron Danks ever since he won the Mr Egg regional cup with the Solihull College Football team over a decade ago.

Seen he worked with NBA Champions Golden State also, That's some good pedigree

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Farlz said:

I rate the balls to drop McGinn and Ramsey.

I've got a question though, how has this been leaked already? 

It wouldn't surprise me if the club wanted it leaked given the fan anger over SG's continuing to start McGinn.

Â