Match Thread: Barrow v Villa

limpid

2 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

I do. Take the blinkers off and treat it for what it is. A reason Conor is playing tonight. I don’t expect him to be here beyond the deadline. 

Think you've misread mate.

Just now, MaVilla said:

the only first 11 player from the weekend who is starting tonight, i would guess that implies Bailey or watkins will be back at the weekend to take his place.

If so, i can see why he might be an unhappy Bunny.

Good point!

Almost a perfect 1st half

I think our 2 centre halves are the only ones that aren't quite "on it" though their CF is putting himself about a bit, they both look rusty.

Hourihane instrumental (like you'd expect) El Ghazi clinical, the young lads all showing the future is bright.

Meanwhile Leeds are 0-0 at HT with the mighty Crewe playing arguably a stronger team than us... 

1 minute ago, Sulberto21 said:

I'm sure we started that against Robinson when he was at spurs.  ""You fat ******". Even he started laughing when he shanked one straight out of touch gave us a wave too."

I Remember old Holte end late used to do it as well. Always used to give Seaman grief for being an ex bluenose, Neville Southall for being a tad large around the midriff...and Groblar(SP) just because groblar!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Robtaylor200 said:

H&S will have to stop the game incase that light falls on some one 

I’m an sad electrician, so it breaks the following regulation

Inspection Schedule Item 5.17.1: Connections soundly made and under no undue strain (526.6) is in a potentially dangerous condition. Urgent remedial action is required.

😝

1 minute ago, bannedfromHandV said:

It’s a standard football ground sound, particular in lower leagues, bore off.

"Bore off" 🤣

It's famous as a Leeds thing. They claim it. Jon Richardson has done so on national television.

No wonder you're banned from H&V. 

1 minute ago, The Fun Factory said:

But El Ghazi is rubbish and must be sold now.

Mate, I agree some people are too harsh on him, but we're playing **** Barrow. Until a couple of weeks ago I doubt many of us knew they even had a team. 

• Like 3

El goalzi doing what he does best, not sure he caught that penalty anything like he meant to mind.

Great to see Archer bag the opener, chuk started well but drifted out of the game as it went on.

Nakamba showing why he’s not PL quality and I’d be tempted to take him off now, only thing that can derail us here is a red card you’d fancy. Tuanzebe’s really struggled up against their centre forward and particular under the high ball, would like to see more of Guilbert.

Hourihane’s marshalled things well, solid and professional performance so far aside from the 10 mins before we scored the third.