Match Thread: Barrow v Villa

limpid

4 minutes ago, KMitch said:

I'm probably one of his biggest critics, but El Ghazi is playing a blinder tonight.  JPB looks great too and Archer is unlucky to not have 2 already.  Guilbert and Hourihane are showing their class as well.  Tuanzebe is getting bossed by their number 10, though.  Definitely showing his rust so far.  

Also, we're going to have to be patient with Carney Chuck.  He is looking like he'll need extra time to adapt to men's football and won't adapt right away like some of the others.  

Carney is far too lightweight for this level. It wasn't till Grealish bulked up that he became the player that he now is.

5 minutes ago, Indigo said:

Bit disrespectful to Barrow to suggest we should treat the second half like some kind of development arena.

I mean that’s literally what the match is.  A match for us to use for developing our kids in a real competitive match.

Just now, Robtaylor200 said:

good save, i wasnt expecting that 

I was. Still feel for Steer he didn't get a go when he was such a big part of us coming up. Obviously glad with us getting Martinez, but Steer isn't a bad keeper. I'm surprised he's happy being a backup at his  age. 

5 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Honestly they were singing it in the Holte 25 yrs ago. As were ever other football ground. As old as days. 

I never said they weren't. But they're not singing it now. Ridiculous argument to be having.

Watch the game in front of you. UTV