Match Thread: Watford v Villa

limpid

1 minute ago, Tom13 said:

Hate to say it but McGinn remains a big problem in this side. Any sort of intricate link up play, he ruins.

Couldn’t disagree more, had a good game today 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

We've had enough to have got a second back really.  The never ending story of poor individual decision making though. 

We are so ponderous. Passing across the back line then into midfield and then back to the back line. Where is the ambition to get a second?

2 minutes ago, jscuk2004 said:

That was embarrassing. If Nakamba, Young and Ghazi are Villa starters then we are bang in trouble this season. 

Blame lies with Smith can't hide behind excuses. No team has had the perfect pre season. 

If Nakamba can play for Villa so can I

Odd player to pick on there.  He's played brilliantly compared to Targett. 

• Like 2

Exactly the same as west ham at home last year. Completely bullied and mashed on the counter account.

Leon looks exciting. Traore is always a threat if not a little random. 

Targett hopefully doesn't hold on to this wet lettuce performance which was his usual serving two years ago.

• Like 1

If I was to take any positives from this it would be;

Bailey is promising. Traore has been lively. Ramsey completely changed the game. 

I definitely think had Bailey and Traore started it might have been different. Then again Targett started and he was a big part of our issues in the first half.

It has been a rough day today, but I don't think every match is going to be like this. I think it was an off-day for Villa that was punished massively by a Watford side with everything to prove. 

4 minutes ago, pacbuddies said:

Leeds weren't playing Watford on the back of spending £95m!

Not that it matters, Leeds net spend this summer = £27m, Villa net spend this summer = - £20m

But an apparently excellent manager like Bielsa should NEVER concede 5 goals.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, El Zen said:

We can’t blame the ref today, but have we had a single 50/50 decision in our favour? 

One of them where I'm glad he didn't have a big decision to make because he would have got that **** wrong too

So many bad inconsistent stop the flow of the game niggly fouls

Horrible ref