Match Thread: Watford v Villa

limpid

3 minutes ago, vreitti said:

Geez this thread is as depressing as always. Lighten up fellas, it's only the first game. 

Why wait until the season has settled in a bit to slit your wrists when you can do it now 👍 saves time!

3 minutes ago, meregreen said:

It’s not luck.

whether its tactics or luck or thoughtful changes, it seems to elude us. If we want to be competing in the top half of the table then we simply have to do better when we go a goal down. Be proactive rather than reactive. anticipate and think ahead instead of letting the other team take the advantage.

1 minute ago, Philosopher said:

This game reminds me of the Leeds game last season.

Yeah, that filled me with melancholy too.

I don't care what anyone says, something is not right.....whether we don't train hard enough, are too passive, too lightweight, surrender too much space by design.....I am not sure, but something is not right, despite being the first game.

It won't be left to run on with these guys.....questions will be asked and answered will be required.

I'm most worried about Ings here, I thought he was more than capable of playing on his own as a 9 and linking play, Al least in to feet but it's like he's been playing a different game to everyone else, almost like we've been playing with 10 for large periods.