Match Thread: Watford v Villa

limpid

This is reminding of the game vs Leeds at Villa Park last year but somehow worse. Targett got destroyed by Harrison that day and we did nothing for most of the game to change it, to try and help him out. I don't understand how a Premier League football team can just carry on letting themselves get exposed so easily. If we had tried to rectify the issue we may have only been 1-0 down at half time. Instead we are deservedly 2-0 down and it could be worse.

There is very little positives you can take from that half other than its only 2-0. We had a passage of about 2 minutes where we actually turned up. The rest of the game we've looked like a bunch of strangers playing with one another. 

We expected a tough start with everything that has gone on, but this really isn't good enough!

5 minutes ago, NeilS said:

Looks like we are in for a long hard season at this rate. 😔

Unless there is a change of heart and Industry is placed as high on the agenda as talent/Guile....I think we are.

They’ve ripped us apart on the break. We can’t deal with Sarr’s pace at all. It seems we’ve forgotten how to tackle as well. It’s going to take time for the new players to find their form, we’ve looked disjointed going forward and look short on ideas. The two goals had a huge slice of luck for Watford, but they made it happen so deserve to be 2-0 up. 

We’re better than this, it just might take time to prove it though. 

Mike Dean isn't the main problem here - the main problem is we're shit at defending today - especially left flank. The midfield can't win the ball or keep the ball, let alone pass the ball - and the attack is frustrated to shit - waste of time watching that 45 mins. 

We've been shite but a bit unlucky at the same time in the sense that there isn't much in it. Not exactly like we've been carved open for either goal, which have dropped a bit fortunately for them. Needs sorting quickly anyway.

5 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

Midfield is still our weakness

Right now left back is our weakness, the only player trying to follow Sarr is McGinn. Targett needs to come of and let’s use Youngs experience to mark Sarr

3 minutes ago, jim said:

Yep, very strange decision. Just won Serie A playing lb. Smith starts him on the wing…

Yep, I've called for Young to play all games, but it looks like I was wrong. Smith prefers Targett (like this whole board does), and Young is a fill-in for anyone.