Pre-match thread

OutByEaster?

I’ve seen Barrow play live before, it was against Telford sometime in the 2000’s. Can’t remember exactly when, or who won but I do remember there being a few scraps around the ground. If I recall correctly, they used to have a bit of a hooligan following. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, MaVilla said:

considering the Newcastle line up, i would now go:

Steer

Guilbert - Tuanzebe - Hause - Targett

Chuka - Nakamba - Sanson

A.Ramsey - Wesley - Bidace

Looks the most plausible of these so far IMO.

10 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Think a lot depends on fitness but I’d go:

Steer

Guilbert Tuanzebe Hause Targett

Nakamba Sanson (if fit) Chukuwumeka 

Philogene Bidace Wesley Bailey

Must be tired - at first I thought you were suggesting four up front

• Haha 1

There are 8 or 9 that are lacking match fitness that need to start this one (bold). Mightn't be one for too many kids to play if I'm honest. Might be a shop window for the likes of Fred/ Conor etc. 

Steer

Fred Tuanzebe Hause Targett

Hourihane Marv Chuk

JPB Wesley Bailey

Depending on if Sanson and/or Chippy are available or not, even though it may be unlikely we'll play a diamond 442 -

Steer

Guilbert---------Hause---------Tuanzebe---------Targett

Nakamba

AR--------------------------JJ

Carney

Wesley---------Caleb

Brother connection X2 With JPB and Iroegbunam hopefully getting some minutes off the bench.

Win 4-0    :flag: 

17 hours ago, Spoony said:

Philogene-Bidace, Chukwuemeka, Iroegbunam, another Chukwuemeka, Mings & Ings. We’re not even giving commentators a chance. 

I'm worried for the future with these youth players we are bringing through.

I mean, yeah they are good and all, but getting their names on the shirts is going to cost a fortune!

• Like 1

Steer

Guilbert  Axel   Hause   Targett

Marv      Hourihane/Ramsey

JPB                 Chuk                            Bailey (if fit)

Wesley

6 hours ago, DCJonah said:

I want to see Bidace and Chuk get a full 90 mins in the first team. I'm not fussed about anything else. 

I'm not sure I'd risk Bailey on a league 2 pitch where some mis timed tackles could keep him out longer. 

I think you'll find our pitch is exceptional. It's the concrete walls round the pitch you need to careful of.

Hope we beat you just for that comment LOL

Edited by Qatari bluebird

3 hours ago, Qatari bluebird said:

I think you'll find our pitch is exceptional. It's the concrete walls round the pitch you need to careful of.

Hope we beat you just for that comment LOL

Its ok...you wont beat us...story ends

If we turn up thinking we can’t lose then we could be in trouble, particularly if (as expected) we make wholesale changes to the team.

I’m looking forward to seeing what Chuk and JPB can do and I hope that if Wesley starts, he can grab a goal or two (although I’m equally concerned that he could get himself sent off because through desire and a lack of ability, I can see some tough tackles flying in tonight and we all know how he reacted in the friendly at Stoke).

Really want us to go for it in this cup (as always) as it is our best chance of silverware, that said we need to manage the squad effectively in terms of resting players that have niggles and giving players that need minutes some game time - all whilst hopefully giving us a comfortable passage into round 3.

Difficult to predict the starting eleven as we aren't privy to the players' fitness levels but I would think it would be something along the lines of this;

Steer

Guilbert   Tuanzebe    Hause     Targett

Nakamba    Hourihane 

JPB            Chukwuemeka       El Ghazi (Sanson)    

Wesley  

All about attitude, if that's there then we will be just fine - I'm going for 0-3 Wes, Conor, JPB.