Pre-match thread

OutByEaster?

21 minutes ago, Strog said:

Is their manager, Mark Cooper, a former B-lose player?

yep, made 39 appearances for them from 1991-1992 apparently. seems to have been very much a journeyman footballer with a list of clubs on his wiki page. Was also saying in the interview that its a free hit for them and a money spinner but they will be looking to give a decent game to whatever team is played by villa.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Villatillidie95 said:

yep, made 39 appearances for them from 1991-1992 apparently. seems to have been very much a journeyman footballer with a list of clubs on his wiki page. Was also saying in the interview that its a free hit for them and a money spinner but they will be looking to give a decent game to whatever team is played by villa.

Thanks. Hopefully a “decent game” doesn’t involve kicking the living sh*t out of our players.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, tomav84 said:

we're not going down and not realistically going to get europe. no excuses not to progress in this competition

If he plays 11 different players I can easily see us struggle. 

I want us to take the cup serious but I reckon Smith will rest basically everyone 

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

I want us to take the cup serious but I reckon Smith will rest basically everyone 

I think there will be a mix of first teamers, who need fitness, plus fringe and academy players. If we are winning comfortably he will make more changes.

6 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

why do you feel that a team of premier league players, with a combined value that barrow can only dream of, would struggle?

11 different players will still win this comfortably

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Strog said:

I think there will be a mix of first teamers, who need fitness, plus fringe and academy players. If we are winning comfortably he will make more changes.

I have a feeling he will play a whole new eleven, and when yo do that it could go either way.

• Like 1

We should be winning this game with whatever team more than 95 times out of every 100. That's not a *guarantee* of course - you can lose any game - but it would rightly be considered a big shock if we don't.

Still got to take it seriously and do the job.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I have a feeling he will play a whole new eleven, and when yo do that it could go either way.

Maybe, we’ll find out in a couple of hours time.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

A few people putting Davis in their teams - Thought he was definitely out injured?! 

Regardless of whether we make wholesale changes or not we should still have more than enough to qualify tonight as long as we play with the right attitude.

I would say our squad is better now even with the fitness issues and injuries we currently have than in previous seasons where we have gone understrength and come unstuck.

Not always easy to gel granted, but a back 5 of Steer, Guilbert, Tuanzebe, Hause and Targett (which most people are predicting) should give us a solid base to work from.

39 minutes ago, WakefieldVillan said:

A few people putting Davis in their teams - Thought he was definitely out injured?! 

Regardless of whether we make wholesale changes or not we should still have more than enough to qualify tonight as long as we play with the right attitude.

I would say our squad is better now even with the fitness issues and injuries we currently have than in previous seasons where we have gone understrength and come unstuck.

Not always easy to gel granted, but a back 5 of Steer, Guilbert, Tuanzebe, Hause and Targett (which most people are predicting) should give us a solid base to work from.

Davis is out for a while so won’t figure