Pre-match thread

OutByEaster?

Barrow Away it is, capacity around 5,000 so I can't see us getting many, but it is a chance for us to play some of the youngsters.

Sandwiched between two Premier league games, away at Watford and a home game with Newcastle and with us already struggling to fill the bench for the first of those with the players we have out, selection for this one will be very interesting.

The team that play here won't get back to Bodymoor until 02:00, so won't train the next day - so I think we might see a very changed line up.

It'll be a difficult side to pick - here's a guess which will probably be horrifically wrong:

---------------------------------------Steer----------------------------------------

Guilbert----------Bogarde---------------Hause----------------Young

----------------------Hourihane--------J Ramsey-------------------------

JPB------------------------Chukwuemeka-------------------------Davis

------------------------------------Wesley----------------------------------------

I guess we might see Chrisene, Swinkels, Raikhy, Tyreik Wright or Cameron Archer - it's definitely an opportunity to put some of the youngsters into the first team - I think those that start Premier league games won't travel.

Oh and former Villa youth striker Dimitri Sea is up top for them - nice to see he found a club.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Barrow Away it is, capacity around 5,000 so I can't see us getting many, but it is a chance for us to play some of the youngsters.

Sandwiched between two Premier league games, away at Watford and a home game with Newcastle and with us already struggling to fill the bench for the first of those with the players we have out, selection for this one will be very interesting.

The team that play here won't get back to Bodymoor until 02:00, so won't train the next day - so I think we might see a very changed line up.

It'll be a difficult side to pick - here's a guess which will probably be horrifically wrong:

---------------------------------------Steer----------------------------------------

------------------------------------Wesley----------------------------------------

Good shout on the lineup. Would like to Keinan up top with Wesley behind him though. Has Chuck ever played on the wing?

Could also put Young in left wing and rejig the back four. He’d tear their RB apart you’d imagine.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Enda said:

Good shout on the lineup. Would like to Keinan up top with Wesley behind him though. Has Chuck ever played on the wing?

Could also put Young in left wing and rejig the back four. He’d tear their RB apart you’d imagine.

What, on crutches?

• 2 weeks later...

for me:

Steer

Guilbert - Tuanzebe - Hause - Young

Nakamba - Sanson

Ramsey - Chuk - JPB

Wesley

• Like 1

On 12/08/2021 at 00:01, OutByEaster? said:

I guess we might see Chrisene, Swinkels, Raikhy, Tyreik Wright or Cameron Archer - it's definitely an opportunity to put some of the youngsters into the first team - I think those that start Premier league games won't travel.

Oh and former Villa youth striker Dimitri Sea is up top for them - nice to see he found a club.

Don't it make more sense to play a fully strength team if they are lacking fitness?

It’s a decision on whether to play a whole host of younger players, improve the fitness of some first team players or both?  Think we’ll see something close to this:

Steer

Guilbert - Tuanzebe - Hause - Targett 

Nakamba 

Chuk          Sanson/Hourihane

JPB         Wesley       El G

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MaVilla said:

for me:

Steer

Guilbert - Tuanzebe - Hause - Young

Nakamba - Sanson

Ramsey - Chuk - JPB

Wesley

Target for Young and Bailey for Ramsey if fit

I'd go:

Steer

Bogarde         Tuanzebe     Hause     Targett

Nakamba

Sanson           Chukwuemeka

A Ramsey                                                   JPB

Wesley

Hourihane for Sanson if he is not ready. If Guilbert is leaving then there might be better value in giving Bogarde an opportunity.

4 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Screw rotation. First teamers need match fitness. 

I'd play Martinez, Cash, Konsa, Mings, Young, Nakamba, Mcginn, Ramsey, Buendia, Ings, El Ghazi

Crazy decision to play that team and just won’t happen anyway. Deano will protect most of the team that started today and rightly so. We can’t afford further injuries to key players right now. 

• Like 1

--------------------------------------Steer----------------------------------------

Guilbert----------Axel---------------Hause----------------Targett 

----------------------Hourihane--------Nakamba-------------------------

JPB------------------------Chukwuemeka-------------------------Arron Ramsey