Pre-match thread

OutByEaster?

17 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

I am really looking forward to this one and especially seeing Chuk and Philogene-Bidace in action.

Yeah - have to say I’m quite hopeful of our chances in the League Cup this year and looking forward to seeing who we field tonight.

I have a feeling Smith won’t change too much and go strong to progress. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Yeah - have to say I’m quite hopeful of our chances in the League Cup this year and looking forward to seeing who we field tonight.

I have a feeling Smith won’t change too much and go strong to progress. 

Very much the same for me.

I'd imagine Smith will make at least 7-8 changes though (from the Newcastle game).

Edited by PaulMcGrath_5
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, WakefieldVillan said:

Really want us to go for it in this cup (as always) as it is our best chance of silverware, that said we need to manage the squad effectively in terms of resting players that have niggles and giving players that need minutes some game time - all whilst hopefully giving us a comfortable passage into round 3.

Difficult to predict the starting eleven as we aren't privy to the players' fitness levels but I would think it would be something along the lines of this;

Steer

Guilbert   Tuanzebe    Hause     Targett

Nakamba    Hourihane 

JPB            Chukwuemeka       El Ghazi (Sanson)    

Wesley  

All about attitude, if that's there then we will be just fine - I'm going for 0-3 Wes, Conor, JPB.

I would say this will be pretty much spot on although i wouldn't be surprised to see a mcginn as smith rarely rests him

• Like 1

i wonder if Deano might actually go with a very "first 11" type lineup, to get minutes in their legs? (after the debacle of pre season)

I was thinking the "B" team, but i do wonder if 7 or 8 actual first 11 players might play.

Edited by MaVilla

-------------------------------Steer----------------------------

----Guilbert---Tuanzebe---Hause---Targett-----

---Nakamba---Chukwuemeka---Hourihane---

-------------El Ghazi---Wesley---JPB------------------

Definitely a good opportunity to rotate the squad and gain match fitness, after a disrupted preseason schedule. Apparently the biggest problem we'll face is the sea breeze that makes it a difficult task to travel there - supposedly it's more of a challenge than a cold Tuesday night in Stoke.

It's obviously a bigger game for Barrow than it is for us so I'm hoping we're not complacent - winning a cup could be the easiest route into Europe if the draw is kind. Fingers crossed for a smooth run into the next round without any casualties.

• Like 1

I've been impressed with Ramsey in the last 2 games, much better than anything shown by him last season and pre season. So I think him, JPB, Chukwumeka should start. Maybe they could through in Caleb too? We should also have a couple of experienced heads in there to make sure everything is settled. Good opportunity for Keinan and Wes to get some minutes under their belt aswell. Lets continue the winning run so we have even more momentum going into the second home game of the season on saturday UTV

2 hours ago, MaVilla said:

i wonder if Deano might actually go with a very "first 11" type lineup, to get minutes in their legs? (after the debacle of pre season)

I was thinking the "B" team, but i do wonder if 7 or 8 actual first 11 players might play.

No he will do at least 8-9 changes. Standard early round league cup line up.

13 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

I've been impressed with Ramsey in the last 2 games, much better than anything shown by him last season and pre season. So I think him, JPB, Chukwumeka should start. Maybe they could through in Caleb too? We should also have a couple of experienced heads in there to make sure everything is settled. Good opportunity for Keinan and Wes to get some minutes under their belt aswell. Lets continue the winning run so we have even more momentum going into the second home game of the season on saturday UTV

I think we could staying getting minutes into keinan’s legs until hes 30 and it wouldn’t make much difference. The boy isn’t good enough. Don’t know what they are seeing.

• Haha 1

Between injuries to our strikers and others having gone out on loan, and presuming that Ings won't be involved because we can't really afford to risk him, I wouldn't be surprised to see Caleb Chukwuemeka or Cameron Archer involved, maybe both. Archer has started well for the U23s scoring two very well taken goals in two, and has a couple of assists as well.

16 minutes ago, villa89 said:

First time in a long time I dont want us to get knocked out of this competition early. Cup run please with standard 5-0 loss to city in final. 

I completely agree with this post. Last time out a 2-1 loss was too close and made it too painful.

Need a good 5 or 6-0 dicking to make it feel acceptable. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Steero113 said:

Last time out a 2-1 loss was too close and made it too painful.

It's the hope that kills you. They should just engrave city's name on the trophy now so nobody gets any ideas. 

1 hour ago, Villatillidie95 said:

Barrow manager about to appear on sky sports talking about tonight's game. will be interesting to hear his thoughts

Is their manager, Mark Cooper, a former B-lose player?