Pre-match thread

OutByEaster?

Barrow are towards the bottom of the 2nd div (4th tier). Not quite as good as Walsall. Our u23s should destroy them. A mix of kids and 2nd string squad members should win at a canter.

• Like 1

He's got that from their instagram stories which presumably show that they're somewhere else other than with the squad, but we pretty much knew that they wouldn't be involved anyway, two of our most important players aren't going to be risked when we should be capable of beating Barrow using backup players. Will be a mixture of youngsters and more experienced squad players, we should still be capable of winning and winning comfortably.

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

why do you feel that a team of premier league players, with a combined value that barrow can only dream of, would struggle?

11 different players will still win this comfortably

We expect to have strength in depth to finish top half and at the same time we have to play a full strength side to beat a league 2 team. 

Doesn't make sense. 

8 minutes ago, darrenm said:

Barrow are towards the bottom of the 2nd div (4th tier). Not quite as good as Walsall. Our u23s should destroy them. A mix of kids and 2nd string squad members should win at a canter.

Absolutely. If the likes of Bidace, Chuk and Wesley can't impact this game then we are in trouble. 

Football is football, they're at home, they're used to playing together as an eleven, they'll be physical and they'll be hugely motivated. All of that closes the gap. I think it'll still be wide enough though for a win for us.

• Like 1

This is basically the most pure second string game you can imagine. The squad shouldn't have anyone that started Saturday anywhere near it, and I wouldn't risk the likes of Bailey or Watkins carrying a niggle.

Get some minutes into the wider squad and give some youth players time. JPB, Chukwuemka (both?), Wesley, Sanson, Steer, Hause... All should be getting a big run out.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CarryOnVilla said:

58-B33351-1-A98-4-DE8-BEA4-B3-FFBABA1-E0

appears that we have Hayden Lindley involved with the squad tonight. 

im suspecting it’s going to be a kids having a run out tonight 

i would guess he's on the bench?

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, darrenm said:

Bradford City say hello

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

If El Ghazi is there, i can only hope that means we wont need him in the first 11 on the left Wing this weekend.......silver linings and all that. (maybe Bailey will be back...)