Pre-match thread

OutByEaster?

Need to use this to boost the fitness of some of the experienced crop as well as giving a couple of young uns. I’d actually go with a reasonably strong team for that reason:

Martinez

guilbert  tuanzebe  mings  targett

Sanson    Luiz

Chukwumeka   
    Buendia                           JPB 

Wesley

Subs: steer, cash, hause, j Ramsey, Bailey, Ings, a Ramsey, Nakamba 

Steer

Guilbert  Tuanzebe   Hause   Targett

Nakamba

Sanson         Chukwuemeka

Buendia       Wesley            JPB

Buendia looks as though he needs some match fitness.

If Sanson isn't available then Hourihane should get a run out.

Save the rest of the legs for Saturday.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Qatari bluebird said:

Hi guys, Looking forward to this one flown in from Qatar for it. 

Bad result for us yesterday with two howlers from our keeper, we rested a couple of our big guns like Jason Taylor and Luke James so hopefully we go for it Tuesday night and make it a good game. I'm really looking forward to seeing Mings and Ings play.

Personally I hope its raining with a 50Mph wind blowing in from the Irish sea. Sorts the men from the boys. 

Feel free to ask if you need any advice on the best watering holes to visit pre match or somewhere for a nice pre match meal. I'm a regular in most pubs around the ground. 

Welcome to VT, QB. I doubt if you'll be seeing M/Ings, but you never know. 

considering the Newcastle line up, i would now go:

Steer

Guilbert - Tuanzebe - Hause - Targett

Chuka - Nakamba - Sanson

A.Ramsey - Wesley - Bidace

• Like 1

Wesley

AEG        J. Ramsey         JPB

Chuk      Hourihane

Targett Hause Tuanzebe Fred

Steer

Bench: Sinisalo, Young, Bogarde, McGinn, A. Ramsey, Bailey, Watkins, Iroegbunam, Burchall.

If Watkins is still injured I'd be interested to see whether we'd have Ings on the bench or whether we'd put Caleb Chukweumeka in.

18 hours ago, JPJCB said:

Need to use this to boost the fitness of some of the experienced crop as well as giving a couple of young uns. I’d actually go with a reasonably strong team for that reason:

Martinez

guilbert  tuanzebe  mings  targett

Sanson    Luiz

Chukwumeka   
    Buendia                           JPB 

Wesley

Subs: steer, cash, hause, j Ramsey, Bailey, Ings, a Ramsey, Nakamba 

Martinez, Mings and Buendia should be nowhere near this tie, if we need them for a League 2 opponent, it's a bloody sad indictment of our squad.

I'm hoping Wesley can knock a couple in, but I doubt it.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

Looking forward to this one, mostly because Barrow will become the second team that I've seen play a competitive match against both Sutton Coldfield Town and the Villa (the other was Darlington in case anyone is interested)

Bolton Wanderers for me in that respect

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

Martinez, Mings and Buendia should be nowhere near this tie, if we need them for a League 2 opponent, it's a bloody sad indictment of our squad.

I'm hoping Wesley can knock a couple in, but I doubt it.

I’m not saying we need them. I think we should basically use this as another pre-season type opportunity to boost fitness/get the team gelling. Mings and Martinez need that based on their performances so far and buendia still looks like he’s lacking fitness 

• Like 2

——————Steer———————

Guilbert Axel Hause Targett

———Nakamba Sanson———

Bailey————Chuk————JPB

———————Wesley——————

If Bailey is fit, I’d play him for 60 minutes just to get some game time under his belt. Would have Buendia getting some minutes from the bench too. If Watkins is ready, there’s no harm in him having a run out off the bench too.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

Looking forward to this one, mostly because Barrow will become the second team that I've seen play a competitive match against both Sutton Coldfield Town and the Villa (the other was Darlington in case anyone is interested)

That the cup game we won 1-0 with cult hero Benjamin Van Den Broek getting the only goal for the Bluebirds? 

That was a good day out, sunk about 18 cans of John Smiths. 

• Like 1

There might be one or two first team regulars playing to improve their match fitness, but for the most part I think it will be a much changed side, can see Philogene-Bidace and Chukwuemeka starting, with maybe Aaron Ramsey, Iroegbunam and Caleb Chukwuemeka involved as well. The likes of Wesley, Nakamba, Tuanzebe, Hause, and so on can bring the first team experience.