Tim Iroegbunam

useless

8 hours ago, thunderball said:

Who knows, far too early to say, but why the question? Philogene has shown some brilliant offensive flashes at a much lower lower level so far, but you have to be a complete player and defensively/tactically disciplined to make it at this level. Both have lots to prove, both have lots of potential, and as you say, play different positions.

Philogene is really good for a winger defensively. Very good presser and tackler. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

Philogene is really good for a winger defensively. Very good presser and tackler. 

I would bring him back next season.

I think we’re desperate for some physicality in midfield. I know that Tim is inexperienced but I would play him against Arsenal. I know it’s not very Unai but I’d love to see us set up 4-3-3 with Tim, Youri and SJM in the midfield. Then go for Bailey, Moussa and Ollie up top. We have been way to easy to play against in recent weeks and this would tighten things up and allow us to break fast.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Curious to see what the future holds for him.

Wouldn't surprise me to see him sold in the summer because I feel that given the CM issues we've had, we would have seen more of him if Emery rated him. 

• Like 1

Not sure he holds much value at the minute for a sale when 2 years ago he was absolutely hot shit.

I think back out on loan and build his value and reputation back up. What a complete waste of 12 months.

27 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Not sure he holds much value at the minute for a sale when 2 years ago he was absolutely hot shit.

I think back out on loan and build his value and reputation back up. What a complete waste of 12 months.

Not a complete waste of 12 months invaluable experience played some games notably City and don't forget we lost Kamara to still alot yo play.for to

Intrigued to see if he starts this weekend especially with Luiz out and Emery might feel the need to rotate after last night  

If he doesn’t start this weekend then I’m not sure when his next start is going to be. Won’t be surprised if his sold in the summer. 

10 hours ago, lexicon said:

Curious to see what the future holds for him.

Wouldn't surprise me to see him sold in the summer because I feel that given the CM issues we've had, we would have seen more of him if Emery rated him. 

I expect him to be sold tbh.

Had a token start at Man. City in the write off game so Ajax was his big audition and simply didn't impress Unai on the night.

He's not some 18 year old kid anymore. He made his league debut for us two years ago this month and played 40 odd games in the championship last year so judging by Unai's comments in March he doesn't think his mentality is quite there.

Not looking good his struggle for minutes with Donk loaned out and Kamara injured. SJM and Luiz also missing games in last month through suspension. We will sign another CM in the summer so think we'll sell him and Donk to cover that signing.

I’m not bothered to think if he’ll be sold or not, I think if he plays against Bournemouth and help us win, and somehow help another win, then that would worth a full season from him, now when it’s getting tougher. These 7/8 games, are equivalent to a full season really. The amount of pressure (Emery called it opportunity rather than pressure) but anyway, the situation is getting tougher and our weakest link is DM. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, RichW said:

Intrigued to see if he starts this weekend especially with Luiz out and Emery might feel the need to rotate after last night  

If he doesn’t start this weekend then I’m not sure when his next start is going to be. Won’t be surprised if his sold in the summer. 

Why is Luiz out? Is his suspension more than 1 game? 

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

Why is Luiz out? Is his suspension more than 1 game? 

Yes, it was a 2 man ban after 10 yellows (the tenth being in the 97th minute of the final game before cards got wiped!) 

As for Tim, he’s obviously been training under Unai for most of the season and if he hasn’t got many minutes/chances, especially with key personnel injured or banned then I don’t see much of a future for him here sadly. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, theboyangel said:

Yes, it was a 2 man ban after 10 yellows (the tenth being in the 97th minute of the final game before cards got wiped!) 

As for Tim, he’s obviously been training under Unai for most of the season and if he hasn’t got many minutes/chances, especially with key personnel injured or banned then I don’t see much of a future for him here sadly. 

Annoying. Thought it was a 1 game deal. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

If he doesn’t start today then real doubts about his long term future at Villa Park. 

i dunno, Bournemouth are an in form side, only 1 loss in 7 (4 wins, 2, draws, 1 loss), and we were lucky to get a point off them earlier in the season.

If we take this game for granted we will be in trouble.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I imagine McGinn and Tielemans will be midfield two for Bournemouth, after how well they did against Arsenal, if they show signs of tiring, then we can rotate

Edited by useless

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

i dunno, Bournemouth are an in form side, only 1 loss in 7 (4 wins, 2, draws, 1 loss), and we were lucky to get a point off them earlier in the season.

I totally agree about not taking Bournemouth for granted but Tim is 21 in a few months. He’s not some fresh 18 year old. If he’s not asked to make a meaningful contribution when Tielemans has played 210 minutes in the last week and we have no other options then I fear for his future with us. We will definitely sign another defensive midfielder in the summer so he probably won’t have this opportunity to start such a significant game for us again. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, MaVilla said:

True, but that's possible the easiest 7 game schedule you can have: Burnley, Sheffield United, Luton, Everton, Palace, Luton, Man United 

Posted (edited)

Playing in his position he needs to have a drive and confidence to push on and show how good he is. I'm pretty sure that given a run of say 10 games that he would grow into a decent player but that's not enough at our level, he needs to understand that he's  getting 1 or 2 20 minute chances to impress and impose himself on the game, the next 2-3 years of his career hinge on it. 

Just look at Rogers, he's pushed through that change in level and he's making an impact, his character must be very strong to do that at his age. Tim needs to give it his all and take his shot, he's got very few games left to do it. 

I watched Philogene yesterday for nearly all the game.......he's not ready for premier league football, IMHO.

Edited by tinker
  • Like 1

Â