Tim Iroegbunam

useless

9 hours ago, DakotaVilla said:

Spoke to a QPR fan today about him. Said he’s the definition of a mediocre run of the mill championship player. Let’s hope he’s developed since then. 

Lolz, my girlfriend supports QPR so I watched them almost every week and Tim was by far the best midfielder they had when he played for them and that's not just me being biased, he definitely blew hot and cold, going from box to box midfielder, to attacking midfielder to defensive, sometimes very naive and giving the ball away, other times very mobile and physical in possession. Most QPR fans seemed to rate him.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

Lolz, my girlfriend supports QPR so I watched them almost every week and Tim was by far the best midfielder they had when he played for them and that's not just me being biased, he definitely blew hot and cold, going from box to box midfielder, to attacking midfielder to defensive, sometimes very naive and giving the ball away, other times very mobile and physical in possession. Most QPR fans seemed to rate him.

I watched them a fair bit as well and came to same conclusion, at times he was by far the best player on the pitch but could drift in and out of games which is kinda typical of a younger player. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, tinker said:

I watched them a fair bit as well and came to same conclusion, at times he was by far the best player on the pitch but could drift in and out of games which is kinda typical of a younger player. 

Hope he sorts that out. I always felt Tshibola was talented (though obviously not as talented as Tim) but he just let games pass him by.

10 minutes ago, useless said:

Starting this afternoon against Czech Republic 2pm kick-off

Is this televised anywhere?

5 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

What a tackle at the end yesterday?

Agreed. He did well when he came on. I would start him on Wednesday. We need more steel in the centre of the pitch against City.

31 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Great tackle and recovery as well, got straight back up off his arse and took the ball, nice little lay off to Doug ( who then lost the ball holding onto it too long). Would like to have seen him come on a little earlier but that's easy to say when the games over and we have won. 

I do think there's a player in there for us, question is can he do it now and from the start of next season,  if there's doubts then we have to buy/loan a Kamara replacement and Tim has to build his career elsewhere, which would be a shame.

3 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

I love that sort of stuff, and I think it stirs the crowd up, some how to improve the atmosphere......a few juicy tackles, fires up the latent passion in the crowd....best crowd motivators, next to goals.

.....I hope he turns out to be a top players for us.

I Kind of get the feeling I had when Ugo first arrived, bit raw, but turned out fine...I like the boy.

• Like 1

I think we all would have liked to have seen more of Tim post-Kamara injury but I'm more and more impressed with his increasing cameos and the assuredness he's displaying.

In the Wolves game he slotted in seamlessly and feel Unai has handled his transition very well. It reminds of Ramsey's breakthrough. he perhaps had around 10, 20 minute cameos before he got a full on start by Dean.

One thing interesting to note was Unai has repeatedly referenced 'when Tim tells me he is ready to play, he will play' makes me think its down to to confidence. Perhaps QPR experience knocked him a tad, we all imagine footballer as wild egos and always believing in themselves but think doubt can creep in more than we may think.

Feels like he's becoming more of the Tim all these coaches see in training and look forward to his first start!

Edited by ZL-
  • Like 1

On 23/03/2024 at 18:34, VillanousOne said:

Lucky you

On 26/03/2024 at 14:05, Adam2003 said:

I’ve followed football for 35 years and I lived in London for 12 years and I’ve never met a QPR fan. You may have been the victim of a hoax 

My old maths teacher was a QPR fan. Only one I've ever met 

I think he did well positionally and dropped into form a back 5 many times. Covered well with Konsa against Grealish and Silva.

But there's a lot of confidence issues around him right now.

The second Foden goal was a result of Luiz (which you can attribute some fault to him) coming way over to cover for Tim when Tim should have jumped out to stop the play.

Also noticeable that the other players rarely pass it to Tim in tight spaces. Maybe instruction, but it's pretty visibly telling that Tim doesn't quite demand the ball either.

Is there a player there? I don't think Unai would keep him, start him and play him over others if there wasn't, but needs some confidence boosting to get up to par.

Edited by DJBOB
  • Like 1

Did fine bearing in mind the team we put out and who we played.

With no mcginn / kamara in the side he was always going to be exposed against city but didn't embarass himself.

A few more games starting will do him some good, we need the physical presence he brings at the moment.

He was terrible, let’s be honest. 

Very promising player and I’m looking forward to him developing, but he’s not ready yet. Thankfully McGinn is back now

Â