Tim Iroegbunam

useless

Another incredibly talented youngster. We are in a great place as a club. We can’t expect too much from them (our young players). We need to support them and enjoy the fact that we have so many talented youngsters representing their countries at various age groups.

I think Tim will be a top player. In a couple of years I expect him to be a PL regular. Another reason to enjoy what’s happening. It’s really incredible the progress that we have made over the past 5 years.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, useless said:

He also assisted England's third goal, game finished 5-1

Nice. I can imagine a lot of the promoted clubs looking at Tim in the summer. If Unai wants to boost his transfer funds, could we sell him for around 20- 30 million?

5 minutes ago, Villa_Vids said:

Nice. I can imagine a lot of the promoted clubs looking at Tim in the summer. If Unai wants to boost his transfer funds, could we sell him for around 20- 30 million?

I don’t think we’d get that much for him! Well unless Chelsea come calling I guess. 

How many games has he played for our first team?

4 minutes ago, ender4 said:

I don’t think we’d get that much for him! Well unless Chelsea come calling I guess. 

Not a lot of starts but he is much more involved in the Premier League than Aaron Ramsey and Cameron Archer were. Plus played/playing in Europe. I think it is a reasonable price bracket for a young, talented, English midfielder.

• Like 1

Just watched some of the England U20 match. Tim needs to improve his consistency (as most youngsters do) but some of the things he does are different class. He presents the opposition with a conundrum - press high and risk him turning his marker and driving through midfield. Don't press and he'll sit in and dictate the game.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Villa_Vids said:

I don’t think the impact of Archer or Ramsey will help, but hopefully JPB does. Depends on what he does the remainder of the season. 

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

The prices are mental though. That Wharton has been bought for 20 mill. Tim played 31 times for QPR last season , starting the large majority so has some decent experience.  I hope he can show enough between now and the end of the season so he stays with us. Becomes like a Curtis Jones for Liverpool playing gradually more and more as he matures . 

1 hour ago, Villa_Vids said:

Not a lot of starts but he is much more involved in the Premier League than Aaron Ramsey and Cameron Archer were. Plus played/playing in Europe. I think it is a reasonable price bracket for a young, talented, English midfielder.

Has he had more minutes in the Prem than Archer had for us? Doubt it.

Edited by Tom13

42 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

I don’t think the impact of Archer or Ramsey will help, but hopefully JPB does. Depends on what he does the remainder of the season. 

Archer and Ramsey are still talented players, unfortunate set of circumstances for both players atm. My point is Archer and Ramsey weren't with Emery's set up last season - as are KKH and Tim (they are training at an elite level). I don't see us lowering our valuation of players because of other club's bad coaching or injuries. It bares no relevance. If anything their (KKH & Tim) value will go up.

Edited by Villa_Vids

Always thought he would be the best of the 20 and 21 year olds. But what he doesnt do yet , and he will need to start showing it more is to grab the game by the scruff of the neck at times. He can be passive at times and not react quick enough. When he can do that he will be a big asset for Villa.

11 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Has he had more minutes in the Prem than Archer had for us? Doubt it.

He does but mainly because he started a game a few seasons back. Archer has about 75 minutes while Tim has 146 according to Whoscored

• Like 1

How Archer and Ramsey will have done will have no bearing on how teams rate Iroegbunam, they will just judge him on his own merits

Besides both Ramsey and Archer are very young and could still turn out to be good signings, at Championship level next season both could be very important players, put Philogene in Sheffield United or Burnley team and he would probably be viewed in a different light at this present moment

Iroegbunam's value was probably at it's highest halfway through last season when he was doing very well with QPR, at that point he looked just as good at Championship level as the likes of Philogene, Ramsey, and Scott, was also first choice in a very strong age group in the England set-up

Since then things a few things didn't go so well, QPR struggled as a team second half of season, and he played in slightly different role where he stood out less, then he got injured missing U20 World Cup and pre-season with us, then was injured for most of the first half of this season, so his vale probably dropped from what it was but if he plays a part for us between now and the end of the season and keeps impressing for England it will go up again

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He does but mainly because he started a game a few seasons back. Archer has about 75 minutes while Tim has 146 according to Whoscored

Fair enough, surprises me that does.

Â