Tim Iroegbunam

useless

4 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

If we're not giving players like Tim the chance to shine we might aswell just rebrand to Aston Villa Hollywood and move the team to America.

...I wasn't expecting it to go that way!

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

It's hard to pronounce, 

It's hard to pronouunnnccccee, 

Tim Iroegbunam, 

It's hard to pronounce

learn to pronounce,

learn to pronounccceee,

Its actually quite easy,

just learn to pronounce.

Last couple of appearances he showed more encouraging performances. I think against Spurs him and Zaniolo showed a lot of fight as the game was gone and you could see the confidence factor wasn’t really in the equation so it was only fight. 
One of our best performances last season was without McGinn nor Kamara, actually without even Emery. We had some good wins as well with Dendonker on the side (I don’t think it’s a huge ask, as Tim is more athlete and more easier to play for our tactics. 
I’m not sure but I’d start him against Ajax as well. I’m really stressed about this game hopefully we can win it easily. 
Not having McGinn after that would be tough, but we were joke defensively lately, hopefully we’ll find that he was our answer. 
I think he realize the chance, with how he battled against Spurs, I think many will be surprised. 

19 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

It's hard to pronounce, 

Tim Iroegbunam, 

It's hard to pronounce

My mate with a stutter, hopes he gets transfered.

but better than Elijah Adebayo...checkout his full name.

Edited by TRO
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, useless said:

He's been named in England U20s/ elite league squad,

Off to Poland and Czech Republic …. James Wright has been put on standby for this also 

• Like 1

On 13/03/2024 at 17:49, GingerCollins29 said:

It's hard to pronounce, 

Tim Iroegbunam, 

It's hard to pronounce

I would to hear this!

I thought we might have blocked it with how short we are in midfield and given he himself has had his injury issues this season, hopefully he impresses, and stays fit

• Like 1

Got the game of his life on Sunday. Lets see how he copes with the pressure and if he can get into the game from minute 1.  Always thought he had it in him to be a Prem player. Fingers crossed he can show that. Emerys system is i reckon hard for him as his job is mostly stopping and a simple pass to a teammate and working backwards rather than forwards. He is far more comfortable going forward like he did at QPR  where he showed JJ pace and ability to break the lines. 

Go on Tim. Smash it ( not a player ) 

I think he'll be okay in pressure games - what he does isn't flashy or risky particularly - he's really good at picking the ball up from defences and moving it on - he holds players off well, he can turn with it and he plays sensible, accurate passes. I don't think much of that changes with pressure so he should be okay. He'll need to be really sharp off the ball mind you.

• Like 1

Luiz is going to have to work a lot to help him out here, which makes me think we'll definitely see Tielemans out there as we kind of shift the midfield backwards some and expect more from the Belgian.

Edited by 479Villan

3 hours ago, abdulaziz1 said:

I think he should start, I don’t see any other way to go there without starting him. 

Not saying he should but Emery may go back to Konsa at right back, Cash further forward with Luiz, Tielemans and Rogers.  

He’s done that before with McGinn in for Rogers.

So not the disaster of Spurs formation but the 4 at the back he’s tried before.

I personally have no clue how he’s going to play this or either a preference 

Â