Tim Iroegbunam

useless

We can’t have an opinion on him, all of his minutes came in tough circumstances, he only started against City where we were with our second team against the best team in the league. 
I still think he has good attributes, not sure him staying as a backup will help as he needs more minutes and Emery seems not willing to take the risk at the moment.

In a very good scenario, which hopefully we secure CL as soon as possible, he could have some starts, while in the good scenario itself we go to the final. Those games could help him to play part in the final and hopefully win it as well. 

On 28/04/2024 at 09:13, Jas10 said:

Can’t say I’ve been impressed so far… hopefully he has a big performance in him soon… we could really do with it.

To be able to demonstrate a "big performance" he needs to have substantial minutes. I'm not sure he's going to get even close to that. 

If Tielemens is injured, it's a front three of Diaby, Bailey and Watkins, with midfield three of Rogers, McGinn and Luiz.

If Emery trusted Tim, he'd have played more of a role leading to this point, (I think).

• Like 2

Not sure why anyone ever rated this guy but I don't watch the U23's so must have been decent there.

He certainly hasn't shown anything for the first team.

Needs to drop down a couple of divisions and then I'm sure he can make a decent career. 

If we can get 2 or 3 million for him then all the better, but there's no way he will be staying as he isn't remotely good enough.

(As is shown by Unai's unwillingness to play him)

Edited by GlobalVillan
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

(As is shown by Unai's unwillingness to play him)

As shown by Unai getting rid of a fully-fledged Belgian international over him?

21 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

As shown by Unai getting rid of a fully-fledged Belgian international over him?

That was more a question of wages. Tim isn't up to the very high standards Unai has set. No shame in that.

But Tim won't be at Villa next season.

Napoli have been in terrible form and Dendonker can't even get a minute off the bench. Obviously we didn't know Kamara was going to do his ACL like 2 weeks after and Tim would be only CDM cover we have. 

If we can achieve our goals this season, Tim will have learned a lot and we can see how he progresses next season or if we get a suitable offer we can sell him. 

18 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Napoli have been in terrible form and Dendonker can't even get a minute off the bench. Obviously we didn't know Kamara was going to do his ACL like 2 weeks after and Tim would be only CDM cover we have. 

If we can achieve our goals this season, Tim will have learned a lot and we can see how he progresses next season or if we get a suitable offer we can sell him. 

Yep and anything we get is pure profit so if we could get a 2 or 3 million bid from someone like Bolton, an upper table League One side, we should take it. And we would I'm sure.

I don't think he is at Championship level yet (nor does my QPR mate) but he may be one day. 

2 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

Yep and anything we get is pure profit so if we could get a 2 or 3 million bid from someone like Bolton, an upper table League One side, we should take it. And we would I'm sure.

I don't think he is at Championship level yet (nor does my QPR mate) but he may be one day. 

We'll be getting double figures for Tim if we sold him. We got 12m for Aaron Ramsey, 18m for Archer etc.. players with no PL experience. 

He was one of the best midfielders in the Championship first half of last season, of course he's Championship level at least, Emery wouldn't have him anywhere near the first team if he was League One level.

We got as much as we did for Ramsey because he just had a very good season for Norwich and Middlesbrough, contributing goals and assstants, he was also a regular for England at every age group which adds to the value of these younger players

Iroegbunam will be heading into the summer of the back of a difficult season because of injuries and no loan, and not much game time, although it will be noted that Emery has given him game time, we would probably get eight or ten million for him and we would retain a buyback option, also he would go to one of the better teams in the Championship, or at least one expected to challenge for the play-offs

This is all if we even want to sell him, we might not

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bose said:

He’s 20. Obviously not ready and he might never make it at this level but maybe a bit premature to write him completely off?

Not every 20 year old fits in straight away with one of the best teams in the country.

If havent written him completely off. I said he could make a career in the lower leagues like lots of our other youth products.

No way he is staying at Villa though.

9 hours ago, bose said:

He’s 20. Obviously not ready and he might never make it at this level but maybe a bit premature to write him completely off?

Not every 20 year old fits in straight away with one of the best teams in the country.

Philogene was older and he would have made it here if he'd stayed or maybe he needed to be in the side where he had the chance to be the key attacking player, play every game and get more of the ball. It's hard to know. 

Emery will know and every player has their price especially if we have the buy back option. We seem to make squad decisions which work out, even under immense time pressure like Lenglet in after Mings injury

FYI we're judging a player playing at his highest level, off the back of about a year of no football and not even in his position.  He's not a DM, he's never been a DM. That's just where Gerrard put him when he came him a start. I could probably guess on some reasons why but I won't say it.

18 hours ago, CVByrne said:

We'll be getting double figures for Tim if we sold him. We got 12m for Aaron Ramsey, 18m for Archer etc.. players with no PL experience. 

No way will we get £10m+ for Tim Iroegnunam. The other players mentioned both established themselves as top attacking players in the championship, Tim did OK for an inconsistent mid-table side as a decent all round midfielder… those players don’t go for that sort of money in the Championship and no PL team is going to buy him for big money based off his 137 minutes of PL action this season 

• Like 1

He needs to be given an opportunity in a game vs more meh opponents and when we aren't completely under the cosh. 

It's very hard for any player to come in, in those circumstances. The only game he got that wasn't like that was the ajax game and whilst he made a number of mistakes he also had a number of good moments too. 

Â