Tim Iroegbunam

useless

On 19/10/2021 at 22:27, MWARLEY2 said:

Hes a bastard cross of Paul Ince and Stevie G .  Only joking but if he keeps on developing then that would be a pretty decent comparison. He tackles really hard and passes really well . And could play 2 games one after the other such is his energy

Sounds like Gordon Cowans!

2 hours ago, M_Afro said:

If Gerrard comes in I can see this guy getting in the squad regularly. He has a bit of the Gerrard about him and Steve might just want to give home a chance. Gerrard could be key to his and lots of our other kids developing into first team players. 

He didn’t blood any youngsters at Rangers and they won the youth cup 

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

He didn’t blood any youngsters at Rangers and they won the youth cup 

You are aware that the Rangers youth set up is so poor they play in the lowland league right? Of course he's not blooding youth...

They were liquidated less than a decade ago so have a very thin structure. 

Edited by Steero113
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

You are aware that the Rangers youth set up is so poor they play in the lowland league right? Of course he's not blooding youth...

They were liquidated less than a decade ago so have a very thin structure. 

They won the last Scottish FA Youth Cup that was played in 2019

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

They won the last Scottish FA Youth Cup that was played in 2019

And the standard is so poor at that level that only two players who have won the whole tournament from the last 20 years have made it to the Premier League. 

In response to your actual point, he hasn't blooded any youth players, because his youth players - are shit. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Steero113 said:

How long has he been training with the 1st team?

he was training with the first team under Deano.

I think quite a few of the youth team was tbh, defo JPB, Archer Jr, Chuka Senior, Chuka Jr, Ireogbunam, possibly even Bogarde, cant quite remember.

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/11/2021 at 20:39, il_serpente said:

This must be the youth player that guy on the Next Manager thread knows who was going to be promoted to the first team when Gerrard got the job.

I really think this is the case.

Iroegbunam was slowly integrating with the first team even under Dean but it seems it could be getting expedited under SG, his team went to see the latest 4-1 u23 win over Burnley in which he was the standout player which would have done his chances no harm. The 6 is a really important role in SG's system given how much ground they have to cover with the 8s pressing the wings, as much as I love Dougie the skillset needed in SG's 6 role could suit Tim more if we can start to blood him.

Still a long while yet but I think this is a lad we will start seeing more of very soon.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Steero113 said:

He has a mental range of passing which aside from Dougie is non existent in our current 1st team. 

Yes. 5 yards or 50 yards. He makes it look so easy . Watch the u23 highlights when we beat stoke 8 nil . His passing is insane 

Â