Tim Iroegbunam

useless

Would it be worth starting this lad as DM vs. Newcastle?  Think we need to try something different to Douglas Luiz.  Would liked to have seen Chambers as DM but the suspension of Konsa means he'll be partnering Mings for the next couple of games, unless SG goes with Mings/Hause. 

Just now, duke313 said:

Would it be worth starting this lad as DM vs. Newcastle?  Think we need to try something different to Douglas Luiz.  Would liked to have seen Chambers as DM but the suspension of Konsa means he'll be partnering Mings for the next couple of games, unless SG goes with Mings/Hause. 

Nope, he needs steady minutes off the benches first

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Konsa will only be suspended for one game as was 2nd yellow.

5 minutes ago, picicata said:

Let's be honest, our season is pretty much over we're just making up the numbers now. Let's take this opportunity to blood our youngsters with little pressure.

I’m more interested in Gerrard getting his style across to the main players, for him to assess in game time who he wants to keep and areas for improvement and building some momentum than blooding the youngsters.  Gerrard needs this time to implement his style and method on the team like a long preseason.  

No issue trying youngsters here and there but the focus should be the main players, sorting defensive issues, strengthening midfield play and continue the bonding for the creative players and then figuring out whether we have the right striker(s) for the system.  The youngsters blooding in is very secondary to me.

20 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I’m more interested in Gerrard getting his style across to the main players, for him to assess in game time who he wants to keep and areas for improvement and building some momentum than blooding the youngsters.  Gerrard needs this time to implement his style and method on the team like a long preseason.  

No issue trying youngsters here and there but the focus should be the main players, sorting defensive issues, strengthening midfield play and continue the bonding for the creative players and then figuring out whether we have the right striker(s) for the system.  The youngsters blooding in is very secondary to me.

I think you're underestimating how much a part of the squad these youngsters are expected to be. If we want to buy in top quality at top prices then we are going to have to rely on our youth products to fill out the squad as we can't afford to have two £30m+ players in each position. Giving minutes to our youth players now will allow us to spend more on the areas it's needed, for instance, will Tim be able to be back up number 6 next season allowing us to go big on Bissouma? Or do we need to allow for bringing in more than one player with the money available?

I get your point but feel that our youth are as important as the rest of the squad if we are to move forward

1 hour ago, picicata said:

I think you're underestimating how much a part of the squad these youngsters are expected to be. If we want to buy in top quality at top prices then we are going to have to rely on our youth products to fill out the squad as we can't afford to have two £30m+ players in each position. Giving minutes to our youth players now will allow us to spend more on the areas it's needed, for instance, will Tim be able to be back up number 6 next season allowing us to go big on Bissouma? Or do we need to allow for bringing in more than one player with the money available?

I get your point but feel that our youth are as important as the rest of the squad if we are to move forward

I still think it's secondary but understand your point.  I'm less worried about filling out the squad which while I agree is a priority, it makes no difference if the main players arent functioning together on the field and currently we arent.  We have to get that right to move forward.  Yes the likes of Chuck and Tim will be involved but in supporting roles and getting minutes but not using this time to getting Gerrards style, ideas and eliminating the issues we have in the games remaining has to be key because we then know of those players which will stay and which need to go.  If Gerrard had been here longer then I would agree with you but given he's only been here a short time I think the main players need the focus and expect him to focus on them with just a sprinkling of the youth as decisions need to be made in the summer on the pretty much the whole of the starting team as our defence is struggling, the DCM position, is Dougie staying, then the striker position in which we are struggling with both Ings and Watkins.  Gerrard needs to see if they can fit together.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, messi11 said:

I'd like to see him start against Watford in place of Luiz. See what he can do. Season is over now lets plan for the future

Just came in to say same, deserves minutes at some point and why not after that showing Saturday. Possibly start him or give him the 2nd half if we look ropey again.

• Like 1

Honestly, if there is a time to play him, it could be now?

I have absolutely no idea if he is any good and have never seen him play but it might be time to give the lad a chance and see what we're dealing with. If he hits the ground running like Ramsey (highly unlikely), it might a) save us some money in the Summer, and b) means we don't have to watch Luiz/McGinn this weekend. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, messi11 said:

I'd like to see him start against Watford in place of Luiz. See what he can do. Season is over now lets plan for the future

Start him in DM vs. Watford with JJ and Sanson in front.  McGinn and Luiz need dropping.

• Like 1

I seriously doubt he's going to go from not having played a single minute for our first team to starting a game which has taken on more importance than it previously had because we desperately need to win to put the Newcastle performance behind us.If Luiz is dropped more likely that Chambers will replace him as the DM. Chukwuemeka more likely to get a start than Iroegbunam. What would be perfect is if we could have a match were the game is already won with twenty or so minutes to go allowing us to give Iroegbunam and possibly Chrisene some valuable game time and experience in preperation for them maybe getting a start in the future, have to remember they're both still very young Iroegbunam is only a few days older than Barry, and Chrisene only turned eighteen last month.

• Like 3

Â