Tim Iroegbunam

useless

On 29/07/2021 at 14:58, useless said:

I watched him for Albion against Everton in the FA Youth Cup just before they played us and he was one of their standout players I remember thinking he was the closest thing they have to a Chukwuemeka type in midfield, not as attack minded but he did get forward well, seemed more of a box-to-box midfielder than a DM, he was also one of their better players against us in the FAYC Semi-Final. Winning their academy player of the season is not to be underestimated either, they've still got a lot of good players in their youth system.

Who else is decent at the baggies academy? A quick glance at their forum seems to suggest Ingram and Richards? There was talk on their thread that Villa were sniffing around Fenton Heard? Apparently he's a Villa fan as well. 

Harry Whitwell, Lino Sousa, Leonardo Cardoso, Zukuto Mikiariku, and Jamal Jimoh, are some of the younger academy players they've got who've been called up to England recenty, Jimoh, Sousa, and Whitwell regularly play alongside Travis Patterson at U16/17 level. I thought we might have made a move for Sousa this summer, as he's a left-back and having seen him a few times looks a decent one as well.

Heard has been playing for their U18s this season, so presumably he's signed a scholarship with them.

In the slightly higher age groups, I think Ethan Ingram, Rico Richards, and Josh Griffiths are their highest rated players, Griffiths is only nineteen and is Lincoln's starting goalkeeper this season, they've got a few others like Zac Ashworth, Tom Fellows, Aurio Teixeira, Jovan Malcome, and Mo Faal who all look decent as well.

The good thing about them having all these promising players is that people who helped develop them and bring them through are now at Villa, so hopefully they can do a similar job for us.

• Like 1

Why dont we just buy the rocket polishers.

Let's face it they can be a feeder club set up right for championship play for a while and slowly role back on into the premiership at a decent speed.

If were going to keep pinching there Youth players, just buy the club. Have the Youth train there and play at championship level before hopping over to the prem with us, one good thing though is we dont then buy the youth from the Baggies.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, useless said:

Harry Whitwell, Lino Sousa, Leonardo Cardoso, Zukuto Mikiariku, and Jamal Jimoh, are some of the younger academy players they've got who've been called up to England recenty, Jimoh, Sousa, and Whitwell regularly play alongside Travis Patterson at U16/17 level. I thought we might have made a move for Sousa this summer, as he's a left-back and having seen him a few times looks a decent one as well

As coincidence would have it looking on an Albion forum and one of their posters is claiming that he's signed for us, not sure why it wouldn't have been announced, but I had noticed that Sousa hasn't been in any of Albion's U18 or U23 line-ups this season, but he has been playing for England U17s so isn't injured.

On 01/09/2021 at 15:04, HalfTimePost said:

I don't think he's a DM either but he is more defensive minded than Chuk.

To be honest, the sounds of it Chuk-Iroeg could be a strong midfield as they have similar attributes but focus slightly more on opposite phases of play, as long as they didn't fall into Lampard-Gerrard due to being similar but think their slight differences would help make them a decent pairing.

It's tough to say as I've only watched a couple of appearances at Villa and most of my opinion of him is forged by others' opinions of him. But he looks composed, technical and a step above everybody else in the team.some of his passing has been sublime. He did also go missing in one of the games that was on VillaTV last week and then gradually came back into it. So has some development needs.

I think he could be a League Cup player next season, maybe the odd appearance at the end of this season when we've solidified our position and have room to blood another (like Chuk & JPB last year)

I think there are many varying views on what a defensive midfielder is anyway.....some think its just a clogger, others look more at the quality of Busquets, Kante, etc.....ones from the past like Keane and Viera, were equally branded by the less discerning eye, for just there physicality and not looking beyond that.....when in fact they was the engine room of their respective teams, encompassing the drive and will to win matches and rallying their respective team mates.

A quality one, has many more attributes than an average one....that in itself creates some confusion, it seems as a very broad brush is used to describe them.

We are now operating in the third season of the Premier league subsequently our expected quality of individual player has risen, which means each first team player will be expected to do more, in terms of skill set....and the limitaions of the past will be confined to the championship.

We have to get used to, what we are looking at ( a higher grade) and appraise accordingly.

16 hours ago, Xela said:

Who else is decent at the baggies academy? A quick glance at their forum seems to suggest Ingram and Richards? There was talk on their thread that Villa were sniffing around Fenton Heard? Apparently he's a Villa fan as well. 

well he sure has a Villa name.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I believe Tim always been earmarked for the first team but thought potentially might have to spend the season with u23s learning the way we play first. Seems clear that he's class above and may get his chance sooner than we all thought...

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, ZL- said:

I believe Tim always been earmarked for the first team but thought potentially might have to spend the season with u23s learning the way we play first. Seems clear that he's class above and may get his chance sooner than we all thought...

A good reflection on him as a player that he's managed to settle in so quickly and start knocking on the door. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Got q bit of Paul Ince in him i reckon. But with absolutely wonderful passing ability. Seems that our academy not only knows the great youth players at academy level but also the ones that are ready to develop quickly.that havent been snapped up yet. 

If you havent watched the 0 8 youtube highlights of stoke on monday then you will get more of an idea of what he is about.

9 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Got q bit of Paul Ince in him i reckon. But with absolutely wonderful passing ability. Seems that our academy not only knows the great youth players at academy level but also the ones that are ready to develop quickly.that havent been snapped up yet. 

If you havent watched the 0 8 youtube highlights of stoke on monday then you will get more of an idea of what he is about.

gotta agree, Irogeboenumbumbum looks absolutely class.

On 02/09/2021 at 02:43, Dave-R said:

Why dont we just buy the rocket polishers.

Let's face it they can be a feeder club set up right for championship play for a while and slowly role back on into the premiership at a decent speed.

If were going to keep pinching there Youth players, just buy the club. Have the Youth train there and play at championship level before hopping over to the prem with us, one good thing though is we dont then buy the youth from the Baggies.

i do sometimes think a B Team system would be an interesting thing.

Not sure how it would work, as our league system isnt quite the same as some of the countries that do have B Teams actually in the league tiers (like Holland/Spain etc), but regardless, it would still be interesting to see if it could work in England.

Â