Tim Iroegbunam

useless

I think we start to see him get minutes now to be honest, we are through a tough period of games and have a run of 6 games that are each winnable. I think he'd have played the FA Cup game had we not drawn United

He'll have been sold the dream of getting first team minutes when signed. He was already on the brink of breaking into West Broms side already last year I'm not sure a loan cuts it.

I think we'll see him get a few minutes between now and the end of the season and then maybe a loan next year if he doesn't give a good account of himself

Edited by HalfTimePost

1 hour ago, messi11 said:

How did he do today? I missed the game

Went to the game tonight and tbh I thought he had a bad game, especially first half. Gave the ball away numerous times and got booked. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

as much as we all love our owners and by and large buy in to what we're doing we cant fall in to the trap of "we're aston villa" "we're a massive club" and the idea that we'll just buy who we want and get to where we want to be because we have rich owners and my personal favourite "they're ambitious" 

there's 6/7 PL clubs that you can lay that claim on and thats just this year, there have been a lot of teams who have thrown money at players to try and get CL and it hasnt worked for various reasons, even if you take Leicester and say that they did do it look at them since they've spent a lot of money and they're not even challenging for 7th this year, something else that gets banded around on here the idea that we've spent money so should do better...everyone is spending money, those we're chasing are spending a lot more than us

i cling to the idea that our youngsters are us trying to do something different, it is our club vision or whatever you want to call it, its still incredibly **** hard and just as likely to fail but at least it suggests that they wont just blindly follow the mistakes of say everton, our academy is why we will do what other teams cant, its key to us doing anything IMO if we want CL in the next 5 years we need a class of 92 IMO its the only way it happens 

Agree with much of this, only wrinkle I anticipate is having very good 18-19 yr old prospects who all think they should be starting now in a Premier League team.

Mad to think that Carney, Tim, Aaron R, KKH could all develop in training and on loan for another 2-3 years and still only be 21. If they’re not patient we’ll have a problem keeping them - imo. 

Should add they don't all need to be guaranteed top quality PL starters of international quality

What the youngsters need to do is put us in a position where the squad is strong enough so that during the summer we need to buy 1 x £70m player, not 4 or 5 which would dilute the value and quality, we put ourselves in a position where we don't spread the money thinly which so far as a PL team again is what we've had to do

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

as much as we all love our owners and by and large buy in to what we're doing we cant fall in to the trap of "we're aston villa" "we're a massive club" and the idea that we'll just buy who we want and get to where we want to be because we have rich owners and my personal favourite "they're ambitious" 

there's 6/7 PL clubs that you can lay that claim on and thats just this year, there have been a lot of teams who have thrown money at players to try and get CL and it hasnt worked for various reasons, even if you take Leicester and say that they did do it look at them since they've spent a lot of money and they're not even challenging for 7th this year, something else that gets banded around on here the idea that we've spent money so should do better...everyone is spending money, those we're chasing are spending a lot more than us

i cling to the idea that our youngsters are us trying to do something different, it is our club vision or whatever you want to call it, its still incredibly **** hard and just as likely to fail but at least it suggests that they wont just blindly follow the mistakes of say everton, our academy is why we will do what other teams cant, its key to us doing anything IMO if we want CL in the next 5 years we need a class of 92 IMO its the only way it happens 

I can't believe you'd talk down about our great club like that. We're Aston Villa, we're a massive club, and in case it hasn't escaped your notice we've got rich owners who are unique among football owners because they have ambition. Our manager also has excellent hair and as a result was voted sexiest manager in the PL very recently.

(In all seriousness I think next season is going to be a really big season for us - if we aren't able to make a push for Europe then I think the wheels might start to fall off the project.)

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

I think you should change your user name to Villa4midtable for a bit. 🤣🤣🤣The one great thing about football is to dream. With promotion and relegation it allows you to reach for the stars so to speak. That said i am completely with you on the youth. Its the first time ever i have paid as much attention to the youth as i do the first team. And rightly so because theres some real talent in our ranks . 

I think theres a good chance we will have a squad full of youth which will then allow us to spend heavier for certain positions. 

That will be the perfect blend !!

• Like 1

For me it's all about the youth. That's when it can really mean something. How did we all feel when the team was being built around Healgris? It felt like something truly special was finally happening. Speaking of such, the opposite of this feeling must be Man City, where a 100 million buck signing replaces another from the bench.

I honestly find it practically meaningless that they win things, and in turn football feels meaningless.

15 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

Really excited about Tim. Think he's going to get on the pitch at some point in Feb or March before Nakamba comes back.

Bet he's loving training with Gerrard and being part of little moves like this too 😍

gotta love Gerrard's cheeky flex XD

Â