Tim Iroegbunam

useless

Hope he keeps starting until the end of the season. Gerrard has to continue playing our youngsters as that’s the only way to bridge the gaps with top teams. Look at Saka, Smith Rowe and Marteniele..etc

• Like 4

Now that first start is done he will gain huge confidence. Did pretty well but loads more to come from him. The kid is still 18 and playing dm for a premier league team. The only other one i can think of who did it at this age is Declan Rice . 

• Like 2

Thought his passing was miles off first half, constantly gave it away but due to opposition wasn't remotely going to get punished. Second half was more of a containing job sitting back and protecting the 1-0 so that suits him at this point.

I'd loan him out to a championship club until Jan, think that would bring him on more as with a new DM + Nakamba that should be enough to tick us over for first six months of next season.

• Like 1

Well done to him. Played well and whilst not a 10/10, plenty of really positive moments.

He did give the ball away twice so I'm expecting the following comments:

1. "He's too inconsistent"

2. "He gives the ball away far too much for a premier league football".

3. We should sell him while his stock is high"

4. He's not a DM, or an 8, he's somewhere in between

5. He's not good enough for where we want to be.

6. Why does Gerrard persist with him when he gives the ball away so much?

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Thought his passing was miles off first half, constantly gave it away but due to opposition wasn't remotely going to get punished. Second half was more of a containing job sitting back and protecting the 1-0 so that suits him at this point.

I'd loan him out to a championship club until Jan, think that would bring him on more as with a new DM + Nakamba that should be enough to tick us over for first six months of next season.

Yep, first half he was off the pace and sloppy in his passing. Eager to see more of him, but I think a loan move is best for all parties. 

12 hours ago, VillaChris said:

You don't loan him first half of the season as we have the cup games, both league and papa John's if needs be

I also don't think you take a kid, have him train with the first team for a year, break through, play a handful of PL games and then ship him out

We don't have to loan everyone, just let him progress same as Ramsey, target 15 to 20 appearances next season mixture of starter and sub, with the new sub rules too it shouldn't be that hard 

• Like 4

First start. Aged 18 . At DM . You could see the nerves. But you could also see the quality and potential. Luiz isnt going to sign a new deal so lets hope we see him play Burnley next week. 

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

You don't loan him first half of the season as we have the cup games, both league and papa John's if needs be

I also don't think you take a kid, have him train with the first team for a year, break through, play a handful of PL games and then ship him out

We don't have to loan everyone, just let him progress same as Ramsey, target 15 to 20 appearances next season mixture of starter and sub, with the new sub rules too it shouldn't be that hard 

I'm not sure he'll play much though. We could draw a Chelsea again early in league cup so by mid September that's over.

We'll certainly sign a new DM and given the amount of midfielders we seem to be scouting seems we'll get two in this summer which makes sense given we'll probably unload Luiz and Sanson so the other one could play as a 6 aswell perhaps.

Nakamba may stick around so I'm not sure Tim will play that much in short term.

Perfect game to start him in. I really like the look of him. The way he plays, engages people, fires the ball forward when he can, the tenacity, the stature.

Do I see him starting again this season. I don't. A better team than Norwich would punish him but that's no disgrace at 18 and with no senior level football experience.

A loan next season I think as we're going to go big in the market.

Very impressed yesterday. 

There were a few missed passes and fouls given away which I put down to nerves and will iron out with more experience. 

God almighty, the ref didn't help him either, he was totally abysmal. 

• Like 2

The passing would have been purely down to nerves; he looked composed in the second half as he grew into the game.

It also looked as though the players didn't trust him fully; or maybe didn't want to put too much on him. When he starts to adapt more play will run through him in the midfield. I thought he had some very good spells where he broke up play nicely. Can see him being a real talent next season.

• Like 2

I think there's basically no chance that he stays at the club next season, unless he's injured. I would imagine the main reason for starting him (along with the experience) is getting him a better loan next year, can tell managers 'this is a guy who has started a PL game'.

• Like 2

Â