Tim Iroegbunam

useless

8 hours ago, IrishVilla10 said:

100%, camavinga has 124 senior appearances already. I’d give Tim the rest of the games 

I don’t think he will start another game this year. I'm not against it but Norwich at home should be as easy as it gets and he had moments where the struggled. Understandably. It was still a promising debut still and I'd love to see him be 'the guy'

Camavinga is essentially the 2017 Mbappe of midfielders. Everyone thinks that he's going to be one of the best midfielders in the world for the next 10-15 years. Let's not go comparing Tim to him.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Camavinga is essentially the 2017 Mbappe of midfielders. Everyone thinks that he's going to be one of the best midfielders in the world for the next 10-15 years. Let's not go comparing Tim to him.

Didn't compare him as players.

Just they're both 19 year old defensive midfielders and saying I hope we give Tim some opportunities because Eduardo is showing just how mature it is possible for them to be. Clearly Camavinga is a prodigy and is already at the very top of the football foodchain and will have an incredible career.

Doesn't mean we can't get excited about our own players and think they should get more minutes

• Like 4

7 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

I don’t think he will start another game this year. I'm not against it but Norwich at home should be as easy as it gets and he had moments where the struggled. Understandably. It was still a promising debut still and I'd love to see him be 'the guy'

I would let him start against palace, one of the Burnley players would break his leg

7 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

All of our players struggled parts of the season and still struggling. It’s not an issue.

7 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

Didn't compare him as players.

Just they're both 19 year old defensive midfielders and saying I hope we give Tim some opportunities because Eduardo is showing just how mature it is possible for them to be. Clearly Camavinga is a prodigy and is already at the very top of the football foodchain and will have an incredible career.

Doesn't mean we can't get excited about our own players and think they should get more minutes

7 hours ago, sparrow1988 said:

I think you're both right. It would be nice to give Tim opportunities to see if he can flourish but also it's easy to give opportunities to a 19yo that's already one of the best in his position in the world. Arguably it's harder to leave someone like Camavinga out of the side than throw him in. Whereas Tim looks like he'll need a Ramsey-esque introduction to our XI, bed him in slowly over the next season until he's a regular starter. 

I do however think the board will back Gerrard unfortunately and probably an aging midfielder in Tim's position will come in on big money and then it's hard to start working this guy into our side 

• Like 1

Lets see how much more game time he gets and how he does in those games. If he continues to impress we can keep him around the first team squad next season as backup no6 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Oh god, not the 'if [insert generational world-class talent] can do it, why can't [insert our youngster with potential]?!'  

Oh god, not the 'i need to post something that over exaggerates the point of the post I'm actually replying to in order to reply sarcastically' 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Guest av1
2 hours ago, CVByrne said:

Lets see how much more game time he gets and how he does in those games. If he continues to impress we can keep him around the first team squad next season as backup no6 

I know there is a lot of money to had in terms of league placing, and I know a good finish to the season is great for the feel good factor moving into the off season, but as we are mathematically safe (not that I thought we were ever in danger) I’d love to see Tim, Carney and few other youngsters in the last few games. 

15 minutes ago, av1 said:

I know there is a lot of money to had in terms of league placing, and I know a good finish to the season is great for the feel good factor moving into the off season, but as we are mathematically safe (not that I thought we were ever in danger) I’d love to see Tim, Carney and few other youngsters in the last few games. 

We are not mathematically safe 😉

3 hours ago, av1 said:

Wouldn’t mind to have the kids playing but disagree with the general idea. People started talking about the season being over already in March and that is a prime example of lacking winner’s instinct. Always give 100% as long as there are games left, there is always something to play for. Price money, the badge, the fans, making others lose.

Villa must learn to see every game as life or death, not lose focus as soon as we’ve secured another season in the Prem.

6 hours ago, lexicon said:

Oh god, not the 'if [insert generational world-class talent] can do it, why can't [insert our youngster with potential]?!'  

That's not what he said at all though is it? But on that note, let's not forget that our standards are a lot lower than Real Madrid's.

Edited by Tom13

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Getting Beale At QPR all part of the master plan. 
giphy.gif?cid=5e214886ho3ct5izs2vdnut1tw

keeps the continuity for our youngsters. 

be a great move for the lad. I hope he rips the championship apart

Fake news, The guy who tweeted this got 200 followers

On 05/05/2022 at 16:55, lexicon said:

If Rooney could do it at 16, surely a 40 year old Nathan Delfouneso can do it

• Like 1

Â