Todd Cantwell

TreeVillan

9 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Says we're inquiring about Bellingham...  How hilarious would that be?  

Insane. Equivalent to signing Camavinga. Is he actually a nose or just played there? 

Just now, jacketspuds said:

The only way I could see us asking about Bellingham is if we knew he was homesick. If he’s available and happy to play anywhere in the PL I can imagine Man Utd or Liverpool being straight on that deal though.

He might be a secret villa fan like the Gardner gremlins in reverse. 

2 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

He might be a secret villa fan like the Gardner gremlins in reverse. 

Gotta give him the 22 shirt. 

Edit: tried to do a joke, but was the joke 

Edited by Awol

40 minutes ago, thunderball said:

This guy. Read the thread. He was about an hour ahead on Ings than everyone else yesterday. Read his tweets, he seems to know someone who is in 'the circle of trust'

He claimed O'Neil was the main offensive target on 24th July. Since then we have signed Bailey and Ings This guy knows **** all. 

• Like 1

I've been delighted with most every signing made so far over the past few years, Cantwell though wouldn't be great.

He's already 23. He is decent at best but how much will he improve. He isn't going to be a player to push us forwards I don't think.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Made In Aston said:

He claimed O'Neil was the main offensive target on 24th July. Since then we have signed Bailey and Ings This guy knows **** all. 

Very sporadic posting. I bet he just deleted the stuff that proves wrong.

7 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

I've been delighted with most every signing made so far over the past few years, Cantwell though wouldn't be great.

He's already 23. He is decent at best but how much will he improve. He isn't going to be a player to push us forwards I don't think.

The prospect of signing Cantwell doesn’t excite me in the way that other players we’ve been linked with or already signed does. But when you look at how players like Konsa, Mings and Targett have progressed under the current regime, I’d put faith in the management to know what they’re doing, and to further develop him as a player. 

I don’t like his hair though. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Moustache of Teale said:

The prospect of signing Cantwell doesn’t excite me in the way that other players we’ve been linked with or already signed does. But when you look at how players like Konsa, Mings and Targett have progressed under the current regime, I’d put faith in the management to know what they’re doing, and to further develop him as a player. 

I don’t like his hair though. 

I like it, he’s beautiful, go and get him, watch him thrive under Smith 

I think Cantwell makes a lot of sense with Grealish gone, same position and similar playstyle to Grealish, played in the Premier League before, young enough to improve, previous link up with Buendia. I'm personally pretty indifferent to signing him but it's easy to see why the links have been made

1 hour ago, thunderball said:

This guy. Read the thread. He was about an hour ahead on Ings than everyone else yesterday. Read his tweets, he seems to know someone who is in 'the circle of trust'

Thanks. I like it he says we're discussing Bellingham!

Edited by Rolta

57 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Says we're inquiring about Bellingham...  How hilarious would that be?  

SHA would have a retired shirt number for a current villa player.

Get.

It.

DONE.

Cantwell is a decent player, a poor man's Grealish (at this stage) but one i feel our coaching staff could work wonders with - for the right price!

Bellingham, would be absolutely buzzing though! I've thought about this for a while and didn't think it was beyond the realms of possibilities tbh! I think it would finish a few noses off 🤣

Someone somewhere mentioned Lee Hendrie earlier. And thats exactly who he reminds me of. Wonderful technique but very skinny torso which makes it harder for him to beat players. Great feet as well.  But there is a real player in there . 

Â