Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

2 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Fabrizio Romano who is still the ITK guru and the only source I truly trust has said we're still trying to come to an agreement with Leverkusen, we're in active contact but nothing is advanced.

Does make me wonder how these transfer things work sometimes, particularly when you have a club that would surely be willing to sell for the right price, and a buying club with lots of money and clearly willing to spend. Are we just having the world's slowest polite office conversation before getting down to what we really want from them?

1/7/21: "Heyyyy Bayer, my man, good to see you, how you been?

4/7/21: "Ja, not bad, you?"

12/7/21: "Good mate good, what do you make of the naughty Wayne stories?"

15/7/21: "Ahhh, nicht gud, nicht gud."

28/7/21: "Yeah yeah, ANYWAY the reason I popped over here..."

Does it take long to send a fax to Germany? 

Structure of the payment and things like that, I'd lazily guess that with FFP and what have you its getting worse not better, its not just agreeing the fee it's agreeing when it's paid, we offer £30m leverkusen say they want £35m we say OK but you'll get £7m a year over his 5 year contract, leverkusen say no, £32m with £20m this year blah blah blah 

• Like 1

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

Does it take long to send a fax to Germany? 

Brexit mate, everything takes longer 

And if they're like me company the fax machine probably has a 42 page company process document that has to be understood first, then go through document control, then go through data control.... And then you can read the fax 

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Brexit mate, everything takes longer 

And if they're like me company the fax machine probably has a 42 page company process document that has to be understood first, then go through document control, then go through data control.... And then you can read the fax 

If they’re like me they haven’t used a fax since 1987

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Structure of the payment and things like that, I'd lazily guess that with FFP and what have you its getting worse not better, its not just agreeing the fee it's agreeing when it's paid, we offer £30m leverkusen say they want £35m we say OK but you'll get £7m a year over his 5 year contract, leverkusen say no, £32m with £20m this year blah blah blah 

The standard practice is to amortise over the life of the contract regardless of payment structure. Part of the reason Derby are under scrutiny is apparently because they decided to leave the big losses for later in contracts to allow them to spend more. They said they agreed it with the EFL, but I think there is some debate over this. Doing the opposite and annually writing down as many losses as you can to reach the FFP limit wouldn't be a bad futureproofing strategy if it is allowed.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, alreadyexists said:

If they’re like me they haven’t used a fax since 1987

No sure how true it is anymore but it was always the laughable thing that football teams were using faxes to makes deals official

It was of course because it took so long for emails to have proper full legal standing but there's ways around that now 

I only started accepting emails as signed legal documents at work about 6 years ago

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

The standard practice is to amortise over the life of the contract regardless of payment structure. Part of the reason Derby are under scrutiny is apparently because they decided to leave the big losses for later in contracts to allow them to spend more. They said they agreed it with the EFL, but I think there is some debate over this. Doing the opposite and annually writing down as many losses as you can to reach the FFP limit wouldn't be a bad futureproofing strategy if it is allowed.

Fax mate, we are talking about faxes.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Zatman said:

another absolute myth, try to deal with any bureaucracy is a complete nightmare :D 

True. The madness of bureaucracy. It's not like 1-click shopping on Amazon or buying a player on FM. Bidding for a player seems simple, but every bid has to be run through legal and financial teams. Sometimes, in high profile situations (such as putting a multi-million pound deal together) they'll even use more than one legal firm to double-check things. Hence why we often see the term 'preparing a bid'.

If my experience working alongside Legal teams has taught me anything, it's that everything takes a billion years to get even the most basic stuff done, mainly because of how pedantic they need to be.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, est1874 said:

Fabrizio Romano who is still the ITK guru and the only source I truly trust has said we're still trying to come to an agreement with Leverkusen, we're in active contact but nothing is advanced.

Does make me wonder how these transfer things work sometimes, particularly when you have a club that would surely be willing to sell for the right price, and a buying club with lots of money and clearly willing to spend. Are we just having the world's slowest polite office conversation before getting down to what we really want from them?

1/7/21: "Heyyyy Bayer, my man, good to see you, how you been?

4/7/21: "Ja, not bad, you?"

12/7/21: "Good mate good, what do you make of the naughty Wayne stories?"

15/7/21: "Ahhh, nicht gud, nicht gud."

28/7/21: "Yeah yeah, ANYWAY the reason I popped over here..."

15/6/21: Lange considers bid for Bailey.

20/6/21: Lange dusts off the scales to weigh up a bid.

25/6/21: Bid weighed. Time to enter the race to sign Bailey.

28/6/21: Lange finds table to put bid on. 

• Haha 3

22 minutes ago, Spoony said:

You 

23 minutes ago, Spoony said:

How much would the postage be? Would it be a large letter or small parcel? 

Â