Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

1 hour ago, est1874 said:

Sounds a lot like he didn't know about 1 deal pertaining to the club you support so you've written him off.

He's right more often than he's wrong. Which puts him head and shoulders above most of us on VT when it comes to anything at all. 🤣

Or Rashica. Or again any number of other deals for other clubs. He's reliable for the headline generators which makes him seem reliable overall. But he just isn't. He's tier 3 for most clubs in that he has contacts with other journalists and can sniff most bs. But he isn't reliable. 

Edited by MotoMkali

3 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Hoping this isn’t the case (tweet below), I’d like us to sign both. Bailey out wide and Alvarez to be eased in as cover for the attacking positions, including for Ollie at CF. If he shines off the bench or in training, he gets into that first XI and displaces someone… Good attacking options and competition… 

We may well sell El Ghazi (good time to, can’t see his value rising much. Not against keep him around though).

So we’d have Jack, Buendia, Bailey, Traore and Alvarez….. that’s quite an array of attacking talent… major upgrade on having to play the likes of Trez & Anwar…

So Lange and Smith have flip flopped on their target priority and this random guy on Twitter has sussed it out? 

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

Why do you have gifs and I don't? 

I didn't even go in the Tammy thread yesterday I'm pretty sure. 

GIF button on your virtual keyboard, or copy and paste the link from giphy website.  Don't overuse though or the gif police will be on your back. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Hoping this isn’t the case (tweet below), I’d like us to sign both. Bailey out wide and Alvarez to be eased in as cover for the attacking positions, including for Ollie at CF. If he shines off the bench or in training, he gets into that first XI and displaces someone… Good attacking options and competition… 

We may well sell El Ghazi (good time to, can’t see his value rising much. Not against keep him around though).

So we’d have Jack, Buendia, Bailey, Traore and Alvarez….. that’s quite an array of attacking talent… major upgrade on having to play the likes of Trez & Anwar…

if we sell el ghazi then i hope we sign both...

i hope we sign alvarez regardless tbh and the more players we have in front of him just means the more time he has to learn the league and settle, he would be our 2nd choice in at least 2 positions so he'll get a chance 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, sidcow said:

GIF button on your virtual keyboard, or copy and paste the link from giphy website.  Don't overuse though or the gif police will be on your back. 

Who watches the watchmen?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jas10 said:

29 followers chap. Twenty nine. 

• Haha 1

This transfer seems like it’s a genuine deal that could be done. It’s easy to say just throw another £5m on the pile and get him signed up but I trust our recruitment team to negotiate their way through this. Our spend limits will be carefully calculated, and if they don’t think a player is worth the extra funds, we won’t pay it. Patience is key to get the right deal done. 

14 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

This transfer seems like it’s a genuine deal that could be done. It’s easy to say just throw another £5m on the pile and get him signed up but I trust our recruitment team to negotiate their way through this. Our spend limits will be carefully calculated, and if they don’t think a player is worth the extra funds, we won’t pay it. Patience is key to get the right deal done. 

Aye. The FFP margins will be tight, too. Spending an extra £5m here might mean we miss out on our first target in another position.

• Like 1

I doubt we're £5mill off and not paying it cos we can't, more like setting the tone for the player going forwards, we know a value and will stick to it. MON would have just thrown the money at it by now. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Right. If rumour is true we stopped at £30m with ESR, so likely working with a certain budget for specific positions. 

Not what you’d expect if we were urgently strengthening to recover from the loss of our captain / had an extra unexpected £100m in the transfer pot. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

I doubt we're £5mill off and not paying it cos we can't, more like setting the tone for the player going forwards, we know a value and will stick to it. MON would have just thrown the money at it by now. 

We'll pay you the £30m, and the extra 5m when he's played 50 games for the club, 20 international appearances, 50 league goals and 20 international goals.

Then sell him when he's 1 goal / appearance off completing. Sorted.

• Like 1

Â