Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

10 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

Okay, how good is this kid?

He's quite good actually, does things at a very high tempo and is extremely explosive. Good technique and very fast but he also got a brain and vision so not just a Adama Traore type.

He would add things to the team that we lack and make us much harder to defend against. We are a bit pedestrian even on our best days, he would change this.

He's not the best defensive winger out there but he has the pace and motor to be a good presser high up the pitch.

One thing I think might be a positive is that he became a father not long ago and has changed the way he takes care of himself with eating better and focusing more on recovery. Basically he's grown up a bit compared to a  seasons or two ago.

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

Okay, how good is this kid?

Obviously he comes with the 'not played in the Premier League' caveat, but he is very, VERY good. He has a lot of things our attack currently lacks: pace, directness, good at set pieces. Plus he's coming off the back of his best season to date. He had 15 goals and 11 assists from a predominantly wide postiion last season. He can also play either flank or at a push, up top. The only thing he's not great at is defensive contribution, but that can always be coached if required.

Edited by RichiBoi11
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

It really wouldn't shock me if we pulled out of this deal due to his advisor going to the press about it. 

That would be very immature. If we've gone to the trouble of entering talks it's because we've evaluated him at length (possibly for months) and decided he's the player we want. To throw all that groundwork away because someone outside the club has talked to the press would be madness. I know we like to do our business quietly, but we can't give up every time something goes public. Also the higher profile the player, the more likely this is. I mean look at the constant Sancho and Varane updates always put out about their transfers. It's part and parcel of covering football now, everyone either wants an exclusive, or to generate some buzz and cash from any deals.

Edited by RichiBoi11
  • Like 4

So is it true then that Bailey's agent is acknowledgeing were talking about a deal at least.

We so need this guy in the club get it done Villa.

https://www.kicker.de/bailey-ich-fuehle-dass-ich-eine-neue-herausforderung-brauche-866597/artikel

When asked about his future on ESPN's Futbol Americas program, the 23-year-old clearly stated that he would like to leave the factory club this summer. "I've worked hard and I feel like I'm at an age, at a point in my life, where I'm ready for the next step," said Bailey. "I am 100 percent ready".

The quick left-footer, whose contract in Leverkusen runs until the summer of 2023, made it clear with an addendum that this "next step" should take place soon. "Hopefully it will happen soon," said the attacker, who moved from KRC Genk to Leverkusen in January 2017 for twelve million euros.

Bailey, who scored 15 goals for Bayer 04 in all competitions last season, left it open where he would like to continue his career: "For me, it's about being at the highest level," he said and emphasized again: "I feel that I need a new challenge. "

• Like 3

Â