Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

3 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Would Nathan Dawe know anything about transfer happenings? Seems to have club contacts via various campaigns including the recent kit launch

He's posted the Jamaican flag & eye emoji combo doing the rounds. Did he start it? Is he just joining in?

This and other questions, occupying most of my working day.

No

• Haha 1

Just now, dont_do_it_doug. said:

No

I think only a handful of people to. Smith, Lange, Purslow, Club Secretary, Legal

Initially just those, after that medial and marketing. Other than that everyone is guessing

12 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Really looking forward to seeing more of this dude, hope they stay up.

Not fussed about him tbh.

I’m sure we would not have expected to be in for players such as Bailey last season, it’s pleasing that we are looking at a higher level/calibre and more proven or in form players now… good to see that we can attract that kind now… wasn’t the case before…

Milot would probably have been a good signing for us at the time, but I feel we’ve moved on and upwards and are only looking for genuine class and quality to impact and upgrade the team rather than players who “could” turn out to be good for us… Bailey would be a better version…

Anyway, if he does well at Norwich we may be able to take him off their hands 😆

I think attack/wings are sorted it we add Bailey to Jack, Buendia & Traore.

Wouldn’t be averse to selling Anwar and I would like us to get Alvarez too, he can cover for Ollie too.

Sort that and we can prioritise other positions… namely midfield and defensive backup/competition… maybe even a CF…

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pissflaps said:

I think only a handful of people to. Smith, Lange, Purslow, Club Secretary, Legal

Initially just those, after that medial and marketing. Other than that everyone is guessing

If they are doing the deals in the basment, then Julie knows, and she’s such a blabber mouth 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

Bailey better?

Probably. Will be interesting to see. I'm not sure as I didn't watch any football last season besides Villa.

I guess we'll have to move on from Rashica. There are plenty more fish in the sea.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I’m sure we would not have expected to be in for players such as Bailey last season, it’s pleasing that we are looking at a higher level/calibre and more proven or in form players now… good to see that we can attract that kind now… wasn’t the case before…

Milot would probably have been a good signing for us at the time, but I feel we’ve moved on and upwards and are only looking for genuine class and quality to impact and upgrade the team rather than players who “could” turn out to be good for us… Bailey would be a better version…

Wouldn’t be averse to selling Anwar and I would like us to get Alvarez too, he can cover for Ollie too.

Sort that and we can prioritise other positions… namely midfield and defensive backup/competition… maybe even a CF…

I'd like Alvarez and Bailey. With Traore and JPB we have enough, Anwar to go depending on the window and Trez out when we can too.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Yeah the one question id like to know is how consistent he really is (Bailey) ... definitely an upgrade on Rashica and yes we definitely stepped up a new level 

44 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Yeah the one question id like to know is how consistent he really is (Bailey) ... definitely an upgrade on Rashica and yes we definitely stepped up a new level 

Going by his expected goals and assists stats on FBref he seems to be quite consistent

4DDEC18E-B9EF-4C98-8A8A-0968E9D387C6.jpeg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, est1874 said:

Would Nathan Dawe know anything about transfer happenings? Seems to have club contacts via various campaigns including the recent kit launch

He doesn't have a clue how to make decent music, so having a clue about transfers is really clutching at straws! 

1 hour ago, burchy said:

Back on Bailey, can we not sort a chant out that uses ‘feel the rhythm, feel the rhyme’ (If you know, you know)

Do you mean you want with the cool runnings chant or not.

Because if so, surely the ending words are just 'come on now, it's Bailey time' 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, burchy said:

Back on Bailey, can we not sort a chant out that uses ‘feel the rhythm, feel the rhyme’ (If you know, you know)

I would expect Villa Park to sound like a Bob Marley concert

Â