Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

The media twist is absolutely real here. Some terrible misquoting going on.

Basically Bailey saying if he moved to a conceived "top 6 team" it would help him internationally is 100% right. Always been that way,  irrespective of your nationality. Play for City, Arsenal or Utd and you're much more likely to get international minutes etc.

No story here at all. Just media click bait crap as per usual 😕 

He’s JUST signed a new contract… zero concern and a non story.

Easiest way for him to leave would’ve been NOT to do that…

Clearly loving it at the Villa… we are on our way to upsetting the applecart, and raising our profile and exposure. Won’t be long before we’re seen as part of a “big 6”… Unai will see to that at the very least…

Edited by Jas10

46 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

One good thing is that, if you look down the thread on Townleys post the vast majority of people are calling him out for this BS.

And it's true, he's meant to be a Villa fan as well, yet is potentially whipping up a frenzy and distraction at the most crucial time for us 🤦🏾‍♂️.... For clicks.

Disappointing from him, seems a decent lad tbf maybe it’s more of a mistake or foolish error rather than done with any ill intent… still young and learning in his new job…

Unless he was forced/influenced by someone higher up… Kendrick? 😂

• Like 2

Moot point anyway - No-one's gonna be in for him unless his decision making becomes more consistent, it's been horrendous the last two games.

• Like 1

Total non story. Just misquotes and twists to words to create a narrative. He just signed a new contract. Is over the moon happy at Villa playing out of his skin for a manager that has got the best out of him. Always respectful and humble.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

One good thing is that, if you look down the thread on Townleys post the vast majority of people are calling him out for this BS.

And it's true, he's meant to be a Villa fan as well, yet is potentially whipping up a frenzy and distraction at the most crucial time for us 🤦🏾‍♂️.... For clicks.

Tbf that's his job. 

6 minutes ago, TreeVillan said:

Tbf that's his job. 

This is the capitalist problem with the world of news media, though.

His job should be to report the news verbatim. Modern day 'Journalists' (and I use this term extremely loosely) have a moral obligation to report accurately, rather than doing what they can to trick morons into panic-clicking on a distorted headline.

The number of people you can fool trumps the quality of your reporting these days... which is a tragic shame.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, TreeVillan said:

Tbf that's his job. 

I'd argue it isn't. He's supposed to be a journalist, not a sensationalist. Twisting half truths and misquotes into a non story isn't a real job.

But its water off a ducks back to me to be honest. These clearings in the woods always try keep us down. Even the local idiots.
At the end of the day, we're heading back to the pinnacle and there's nothing these morons can do about it except exclude us from a non-existent group and put in artificial glass ceilings.

They can kiss my hairy mudwhistle. Up the Villa.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Mazrim said:

I'd argue it isn't. He's supposed to be a journalist, not a sensationalist. Twisting half truths and misquotes into a non story isn't a real job.

But its water off a ducks back to me to be honest. These clearings in the woods always try keep us down. Even the local idiots.
At the end of the day, we're heading back to the pinnacle and there's nothing these morons can do about it except exclude us from a non-existent group and put in artificial glass ceilings.

They can kiss my hairy mudwhistle. Up the Villa.

Ha. Love it. It is true though. Why do they (local journalists) always twerk for the national media narrative? Toney over Watkins by so called "fans". Grealish was constantly linked away by Birmingham Mail. Our top stars constantly linked away. I urge all Villans on social media to unfollow or block Birmingham Mail - tell them what we think of their rubbish.

If a 'bigger' team comes in for a player, they'd almost always want to move anyway, that's the reality.

Our current trajectory is helping us though.

When players sign new deals they do so knowing it would be mean they could one day be priced out of a move to a bigger club. (Unless it’s a sneaky Delph deal). That is something they accept when they renew. 

Every player has his price. Not many are going to pay what Villa will demand for their players. 

Â