Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

14 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Even so, with that attacking line-up i'd want him playing there. 

I would want him amongst them to add some meat, otherwise its a bit lightweight.

Its great having that talent there, but the oppostion, just negate it, with physical tactics..... we need someone to negate that and leave our creators free.

42 minutes ago, TRO said:

Its all about fitness....keep him fit and who knows.

but I guess that's the case with any player.....fitness is key.

Shouldnt be as difficult as we maybe think.

Without international games this is his total starts and subs appearances per season for the last 5 years 

17/18  30 appearances

18/19 37 appearances

19/20  30 appearances 

20/21 42 appearances

21/22 24 appearances

The irony of having his worst fitness issues in his career after tearing his quad while smashing the half volley in against Everton eh.

He is a very talented player who has alot more to show us 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, TRO said:

Its all about fitness....keep him fit and who knows.

but I guess that's the case with any player.....fitness is key.

I think he's weak, too weak... not an issue of fitness.

9 hours ago, Yorkie18 said:

I've just listened to an interview Craig butler did on YouTube yesterday, claiming Leon wasn't used properly and that he got injured because of the weather and flying to Jamaica in an economy seat. 

Also claiming he wasn't at his best because English coaches don't know how to use him correctly etc 

Strange bloke

Yeah he is an odd fella. I give him a pass when it comes to Leon tho. I would be all in if it was my kid.

Also even though Bulter has a thick accent I can still understand him more than McGinn :)

1 hour ago, villabromsgrove said:

A simple but clever bit of finger pointing. Nice one VLV.

I know it’s petty but it feels like every other post I read on every thread is ‘this should happen but it won’t because Gerrard will do this instead’.

Its getting ridiculous.

• Like 2

I'm just watching the Crystal Palace away game. Bailey is playing really well and being a right handful. Palace hacking him down and he's getting nothing from the ref. 

Listen to people and you'd think he was utter shit from Everton till Brisbane.  He's easily been our brightest player. 

Actually he's just limped off after being absolutely scythed down. Is this where he got injured again? 

I've been most impressed by Leon, perhaps best player of pre-season, hopefully he can carry the form into the season proper. It's a cliche but really does feel like a new signing.

• Like 4

20 hours ago, sidcow said:

I'm just watching the Crystal Palace away game. Bailey is playing really well and being a right handful. Palace hacking him down and he's getting nothing from the ref. 

Listen to people and you'd think he was utter shit from Everton till Brisbane.  He's easily been our brightest player. 

Actually he's just limped off after being absolutely scythed down. Is this where he got injured again? 

He got injured v Man. City the next game. Was out for three months.

Can't complain at this pre season from him and Bournemouth and Everton are ideal opponents to open the league season now he's confident enough to sprint again.

Probably will say he'll be our surprise package of the season given so many wrote him off six months ago.

• Like 1

I’m a miserable Villa fan so I’ll throw in a miserable pessimist comment: I really hope the pre-season doesn’t go to his head and he does the same wasteful greedy play he showcased each time he played last season. 

• Confused 1
  • Shocked 1

3 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Apart from Carlos, should be the first name on the teamsheet right now.

I'm amazed to see Coutinho hasn't impressed VT. I think he has been our best asset despite some lovely play from both Carlos and Bailey who would be right up there.

• Like 1

In terms of capabilities he’s one of the best. He was unlucky. I think now he’s trying to give his all and he feel the danger of his spot/reputation. So that’s another bright things to look at. If he fulfilled his potential I think it’d be hard for us to find an upgrade to him now. Which is a good thing. We’re so lucky to have him, Phil and Buendia. We don’t have to play all of them two in a game and the third to come on. But what we don’t want to see is WatkIngs. I’d like to try Ings infront of them and see how it goes. But for me whoever Gerrard wants to put, just keep a lone striker. 

• Like 1

Â