Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

This is the team I would like v Bournemouth (not necessarily in this formation), with Bailey definitely in it! I think it would be easier to pick if football teams were made up of 12 rather than 11 players. :s Maybe Luis instead of Kamara depending on who impresses most in training between now and then, as with Mcginn and JJ:

Watkins

Bailey       Coutinho        Ramsey           Buendía

Bou Bou Boy

Digne             Carlos           Mings              Cash

Emi

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Indigo said:

The user name lives another day!

I wouldn't mind something like...

Martinez

Cash-Chambers-Carlos-Digne

Luiz-Kamara

Bailey-Buendia-Coutinho

Ings?

Just can’t see Gerrard using the double pivot - has he ever in a league match (here or Rangers)? Otherwise I agree this is the best formation for this squad.

Edited by Adam2003

2 hours ago, robby b said:

This is the team I would like v Bournemouth (not necessarily in this formation), with Bailey definitely in it! I think it would be easier to pick if football teams were made up of 12 rather than 11 players. :s Maybe Luis instead of Kamara depending on who impresses most in training between now and then, as with Mcginn and JJ:

Watkins

Bou Bou Boy

Emi

I thought Bailey looked better down the right yesterday, maybe it’s just me

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Villa87 said:

Bailey has to play on the right and not the left. 

So obvious and yet so many people still put him on the left in their formations. He has to play on the right, cutting inside like Traore used to. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I thought Bailey looked better down the right yesterday, maybe it’s just me

Its not just you. He is far more dangerous cutting in. That goal yesterday is something that we will have to get used to 😉

• Like 1

6 hours ago, robby b said:

Watkins

Bou Bou Boy

Emi

This is way to offensive, Luiz in for Ramsey (Gerrard: McGinn for Buendia). 

• Like 1

I think any formation involving Bailey will be a lot more fluid that what has been suggested so far.

Gerrard won't move away from 3 CMs, and I think he favours two 10s over two strikers. Bailey would play as one of those 10s but drifting wide right most of the time so appearing like a winger. 

Judging by Gerrard's comments about Leon, which included the phrase, 'he now trusts his body', it looks like the perception that his game was inhibited by injury, was accurate.

Let's hope he can stay fit enough to make a more worthwhile contribution this coming season.

He definitely looks like a match-winner and legend in the making, when he's 100% fit.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

So obvious and yet so many people still put him on the left in their formations. He has to play on the right, cutting inside like Traore used to. 

I put Bailey on the left of my formation 1) because I think Buendía has predominantly played on the right when he's played as a winger... but perhaps Buendía could do fine on the left wing instead then, 2) because I read the Sky match report too quickly and misunderstood it (they said he was on "United's left" and somehow I just processed the word left, as our left) :s and 3) because his performance I remember best is his explosive debut v Everton wheh he flew down the left and scored. 

I'm very happy for him to play on the right then👍, I didn't realise he was better there as I admit I've only watched a few very brief highlights of pre-season and haven't seen the Man U ones yet, I'm waiting for them to be put on the OS...

Edited by robby b

54 minutes ago, May-Z said:

I think any formation involving Bailey will be a lot more fluid that what has been suggested so far.

Gerrard won't move away from 3 CMs, and I think he favours two 10s over two strikers. Bailey would play as one of those 10s but drifting wide right most of the time so appearing like a winger. 

spacer.png

Craig always gotta big himself up directly or indirectly... " Our client " lol

To be fair, if he's trained there all summer and come back looking like this, they do deserve some credit.

Screenshot_20220724-231202_Instagram-min.jpg

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

Just can’t see Gerrard using the double pivot - has he ever in a league match (here or Rangers)? Otherwise I agree this is the best formation for this squad.

I seem to remember reading that he used the 4-2-3-1 with Rangers on a few occasions, but not often. This confirms:

https://www.rdftactics.com/post/steven-gerrard-tactics-fm22-tactics-tactical-analysis

• Like 1

Bailey is our only attacking player who can really stretch the play with raw pace. I think he has to start, as he’ll create more space for the likes of Coutinho, and give our system more width, more threat on the counter, etc.

I also think his game will suit Watkins and Ings better. Watkins because he often looks isolated with the slower 10s around him, and Ings because it gives him more licence to drop into a false 9 position and play Bailey through.

It just makes sense to start Bailey because he offers that point of difference.

The question then is whether Bailey, Coutinho and Buendia can all start together, or will that leave the midfield too light? Tricky decisions for Gerrard now we have everyone fit.

• Like 2

Â