Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

5 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

So,neither Bailey or Buendia started the game.

WTF do these players have to do to start a game ????????

Well… play well in their previous start for one! 

For sure Bailey wasn’t alone but he didn’t play well against Bournemouth and Gerrard had to make changes. 

I do find myself questioning if Bailey can take a player on. That’s what I was most excited about when he joined. But he really seems to struggle to get past a man and also seems too weak for this division. 

He’s best used for us in games where the play is stretched and open as he has space. Otherwise, like the us as a team in general, he struggles to break a team/opponent down. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roonst83 said:

I do find myself questioning if Bailey can take a player on. That’s what I was most excited about when he joined. But he really seems to struggle to get past a man and also seems too weak for this division. 

He’s best used for us in games where the play is stretched and open as he has space. Otherwise, like the us as a team in general, he struggles to break a team/opponent down. 

I'd rather him pass the ball and make a run than take man on. Pass and move like Potter's Brighton and Peps Man City

• Like 1

Second club post feature I've seen of him this week.

Wonder if he's set to feature or start 🤔.

OBS could be nothing but content as well.

https://www.facebook.com/101566839887394/posts/pfbid0wVyd9BHV1sDqK27pdMoDcYvF4SWrSR7hkPw4Z5SwhewnprM32RTN5PfAK4aXuAUEl/

Screenshot_20220818-202006_Facebook-min.jpg

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Second club post feature I've seen of him this week.

Wonder if he's set to feature or start 🤔.

OBS could be nothing but content as well.

https://www.facebook.com/101566839887394/posts/pfbid0wVyd9BHV1sDqK27pdMoDcYvF4SWrSR7hkPw4Z5SwhewnprM32RTN5PfAK4aXuAUEl/

Screenshot_20220818-202006_Facebook-min.jpg

For a second I thought they were referring to him playing left back "LB". Its been a long day - but it got me thinking, I wonder if he would be a better wingback then winger 🤔

Sound alike he had a better game today. 

The header for the assist for Watkins was a great touch. 

I haven't seen the chance where he hit the bar but he is sounding all the more dangerous this season. 

How was his overall game?

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

Eze is the player Bailey wishes he was.

Looks a complete dud of a signing tbh. Still yet to see this pace everybody talks about.

As atrocious as he was today, he probably wasn’t our worst player. That’s a positive at least. 

I see now that Bertrand has gone you have zeroed in on your new target.  Bagged an assist and cracked the crossbar completely off his skill alone.  Did more than anyone else on the pitch from an attacking perspective. Steven  playing him as a CF which also does him zero favors.

If Steven got Eze he would look just as bad. Probably have him at FB or somewhere else dumb. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

I see now that Bertrand has gone you have zeroed in on your new target.  Bagged an assist and cracked the crossbar completely off his skill alone.  Did more than anyone else on the pitch from an attacking perspective. Steven  playing him as a CF which also does him zero favors.

If Steven got Eze he would look just as bad. Probably have him at FB or somewhere else dumb. 

Lol

Not surprising the one time he got some width and went 1v1 vs a defender he cracks one off the bar. 

He desperately needs width to operate but has to share the wide areas with Cash. For large sections of the first half he was tucking inside only a couple yards from Watkins. Pretty much making decoy runs so Cash could get wide open and spray an aimless cross into the box. 

Â