Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

8 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

Obvious massive pinch of salt

5E8A36A0-48A4-4AEA-8E95-A617CE7E675F.jpeg

VT generally isn't one to believe random twitter ITK's normally but see this account mentioned a fair bit. is this a credible ITK then?

• Haha 1

I think the Bailey link might just be agent driven, top player though so would be happy if it happened. His position is normally on the right though isn’t it so that makes me question the link a bit. 

I personally would love Paqueta as a No10 but due to contract length not sure that’s a goer. 

Other names that I’m hoping we’re looking at….

Youngsters/diamonds in the rough….Wirtz, Cherki, Mandueke, Alvarez

Starters…Bailey, Nkunku, Kamada, Daka’s strike partner at Salzburg (can’t remember his name, Koita or something - he might be injured though), Malen, Golovin, Muriel. 

Not all achievable but I’m hoping we’d be looking at players of this ilk. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bcarpet said:

was it really?  Christ that feels like 3 years ago!   

How foolish were they not accepting £70m for him?  Never worth that kind of money

Technically, it was a loan offer with an option to buy at that price. Maybe Chelsea wanted immediate money for him or didn't think Bayern would buy him at that price after taking him on loan.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Will Ferrell Crying GIF

Of course I was just seeing who would comment, of course we would need Tammy still.

Season 3 Reaction GIF by The Simpsons

Mike Myers Evil Laugh GIF

Edited by Dave-R

26 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

VT generally isn't one to believe random twitter ITK's normally but see this account mentioned a fair bit. is this a credible ITK then?

Nah. Said we had a medical booked this week at BMH. Just guess work really. 

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, burchy said:

Other names that I’m hoping we’re looking at….

Youngsters/diamonds in the rough….Wirtz, Cherki, Mandueke, Alvarez

Pretty sure that's an early Sinead O'Connor song

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Agree on Tammy don't agree with Alvarez 

I think it gives us more patience with Alvarez 

Next summer we'd see trez and el ghazi leave leaving us Jack, emi, Bertie, Bailey, Alvarez as the options behind the striker maybe Barry too as I think he could break through out wide rather than up front 

No no if we can't have Tammy then we don't need Alvarez either. If we buy Bailey then we have Bailey and Traore for the right, still there is just no need for Alvarez it has to be Bailey or Alavrez.

Bailey just cuts out the need for any of the others, the club isn't going to play patience with Alvarez anymore than it will with Tammy. We have Youth that will come on through by the time we need someone in some years. Alvarez may be able to play as a Center Forward also but again the Owners are not going to go out and but Alavrez or Tammy if they are looking at Bailey.

Maybe yes next season we will upgrade on Ghazi and Trez, then we go fetch Alvarez in if he's still making waves and hasn't been picked up.

We will just bring another 2 signings in at most now, i can see a CDM and this Bailey as those 2 signings left to being in.

Edited by Dave-R

1 hour ago, Tony said:

If we are going off what whispers is saying then could the alternative be Hudson Odoi? 

Young, English, can play on both wings, and whispers did say we were in talks with Chelsea for someone. Ticks some of the boxes, is obviously more raw than the others though. 

I think he signed a £180,000 a week, 5 year deal after the bayern interest. No way he comes to us and earns even half that. 

Edit: Seen two reports one £120,000 a week the other £180,000. Mental either way. 

Edited by The Other Mat

26 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

No no if we can't have Tammy then we don't need Alvarez either. If we buy Bailey then we have Bailey and Traore for the right, still there is just no need for Alvarez it has to be Bailey or Alavrez.

Bailey just cuts out the need for any of the others, the club isn't going to play patience with Alvarez anymore than it will with Tammy. We have Youth that will come on through by the time we need someone in some years. Alvarez may be able to play as a Center Forward also but again the Owners are not going to go out and but Alavrez or Tammy if they are looking at Bailey.

Maybe yes next season we will upgrade on Ghazi and Trez, then we go fetch Alvarez in if he's still making waves and hasn't been picked up.

We will just bring another 2 signings in at most now, i can see a CDM and this Bailey as those 2 signings left to being in.

Alvarez who can cover 7, 11, 10 and 9??

He'd be a good addition and we can start moulding him in to why we want him to be

Sign him and he maybe plays 10 games, like I said if we sign both we can take him real slow and easy develop him properly 

• Like 1

A possibility of having the attacking prowess of Grealish, Buendia, Bailey, Ollie, and Alvarez?

Jizz Come GIF - Jizz Come Tired - Discover & Share GIFs

Edited by Big Salad
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

It would be frustrating if we farted about with this one too long and he ended up at Everton or somewhere similar.

Everton can't afford a hooker at the moment mate and have a huge cloud over the club in the form of a world ending potential nonce under their employ. 

They have dredged the bucket this window in Gray and Townsend and we need to make sure we take the initiative and press ahead of them whilst they're down. 

If they didn't have Benitez I think they'd be in some trouble this season. 

Edited by Steero113
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Everton can't afford a hooker at the moment mate and have a huge cloud over the club in the form of a world ending nonce under their employ. 

They have dredged the bucket this window in Gray and Townsend and we need to make sure we take the initiative and press ahead of them whilst they're down. 

Luckily Benitez's positive effect will be tempered by half the fans trying to hound him out from the first game they lose.

I get the impression they've got money to spend though sadly and they've also got an unnamed 31 year old sized space just freed up in their wage bill too.

Hopefully we can get this done quickly.

6 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Everton can't afford a hooker at the moment mate and have a huge cloud over the club in the form of a world ending nonce under their employ. 

Even with Benitez I think they will be in trouble next season

5 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

I'm not defending nonce's in any way, but at the moment said potential nonce has been released on bail and has not been charged yet as far as I'm aware.

But I do agree that Everton do look like they are in a mess at the moment even without the allegations against one of their players, and this would be the perfect opportunity to push ahead of them with signings like Bailey.

2 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

I'm not defending nonce's in any way, but at the moment said potential nonce has been released on bail and has not been charged yet as far as I'm aware.

But I do agree that Everton do look like they are in a mess at the moment even without the allegations against one of their players, and this would be the perfect opportunity to push ahead of them with signings like Bailey.

Apologies, I agree and will amend to 'potential nonce'.  

• Haha 2

47 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Alvarez who can cover 7, 11, 10 and 9??

He'd be a good addition and we can start moulding him in to why we want him to be

Sign him and he maybe plays 10 games, like I said if we sign both we can take him real slow and easy develop him properly 

Not one of Grealish, Buendia, Alvarez or Bailey will want to be a bench boy and one of them will have to unless plan on one of them playing midfield in Mcginns spot. Let's face it if you put Buendia on left, abialey right, Jack in CAM and Watkins forward you are going to end up with Alvarez benched. I mean there is always the possibility he'd be okay with being a bencher for a season or two till he matures abit. I just think if Bailey comes in then that's us done up front for signings. We have Bailey and Traore then that can jump in as Backups to Watkins given how useless Wesley and Davis were the other day lol.

We would just be wise securing bailey, then go after a midfield type player to help out there, whether that's someone better than Mcginn or better than Luiz and Nakamba..

I can't see us making 3 more signings but then again I'm not our Owners and the Chiefs, maybe 120 mill or more has come out to play and were going after a total of 4 signings. We have spent 30 mill so far. Question is do we have another 100 mill to play with?? If answer is yes then I'm down for Bailey and Tammy more than I am Alvarez, sure Alvarez is 2 year younger but could he hack it in the league, that's what I'm worried about.

Not sure Tammy would come here as Watkins is better and firmly #1, it doesn’t improve his position as being a reserve forward. Tammy will likely end up at WHU, and it will be a good move for all parties unfortunately.  

25 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

This is news to me has someat kicked off?

Â