Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Actually yes, I do.

Whatever you enjoy.  So you’ve seen enough press conferences of other clubs to know that not once has a manager said they expect a player back at a certain date and he ends up not returning at that date. 

I guess I can’t argue with that. 

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Whatever you enjoy.  So you’ve seen enough press conferences of other clubs to know that not once has a manager said they expect a player back at a certain date and he ends up not returning at that date. 

I guess I can’t argue with that. 

We're not talking about a single incident here pal.

That's the frustration.

10 minutes ago, Thug said:

All this crap again.

I’m getting tired of people complaining about not being kept in the know about something that doesn’t affect their lives.

yes it’s very frustrating with regards to him being out, but what gives some of you the god given right to be in the know?  Will it help You decide what colour socks you wear for the game?  

He’s out.  End of story. I don’t see why it’s anyone else’s business except for the people involved.

It was the same problem with the whole Grealish scenario.  People crying about the divine right to know - putting it above what is most beneficial for the club.  

From now on the club should just announce the team sheet for that week and make no further comment about how long someone is out for.  I can live with that, and so should the rest of you.

Just comes accross as another thing to moan about or have a dig at Smith. In some cases even suggest he is a liar. 

• Like 2

The club and Dean are damned if they say something and damned if they don't.

It was always frustrating when Grealish got injured because we rarely won without him so it really was a big game changer him being available. Plus we had more 'he's almost fit/back in training' style updates that spanned months, which is then gutting when you get a twitter leak telling us he's not fit the evening before the day of the game.

At the moment we are all impatiently waiting for Dean to be able to choose from a fully fit, fully integrated squad for over a month, but it is still early days.

Bailey looks like a game changer, so having him fit and playing could mean the difference between win or loss. 

It's not just Bailey missing, it's Traore also. We get a player back and lose another two to injury or internationals.

Dean always states the return timeline for injured players that his medical team give him, it's not his fault when that doesn't go to plan, so many injuries are impossible to predict how long they will take to recover from.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Peter Griffin said:

It is a pain in the arse that he is out but as Bilko said, we are stronger now and we can do things properly and we don't have to rush him back and add any unnecessary risk to his recovery

Depends if we win tomorrow. You could say with Bailey involved v Spurs we wouldn't have lost as we'd have got up the pitch quicker and looked more threatening. Also likely would've tracked back o.k v Son who won the game for them really. And again if we don't beat Wolves he's the sort who can make difference off the bench with 30 minutes left as shown v Everton. So every game he misses we drop points in you can say it makes a difference.

Just want him fit and actually starting. Who knows if he'll make Arsenal so probably looking until after November international break before we regularly see him starting for us. Frustrating.

3 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Surely he just says what his medical team tell him. You seriously thinking he lies in his press conferences ?

Length of time would be good though. If Bailey dosen't make Arsenal he'll be out for six weeks so just say when they scan it he'll be out for 6-8 weeks and then if he's back sooner it feels like a small win.

It's not like other clubs get all cloak and dagger about this stuff. For example Man. City announced yesterday Ferran Torres will be out for 4-6 weeks.

Hopefully he's back for Arsenal but is starting to have the air of Barkley will be back in a few weeks and then two months later...

8 hours ago, Thug said:

All this crap again.

I’m getting tired of people complaining about not being kept in the know about something that doesn’t affect their lives.

yes it’s very frustrating with regards to him being out, but what gives some of you the god given right to be in the know?  Will it help You decide what colour socks you wear for the game?  

He’s out.  End of story. I don’t see why it’s anyone else’s business except for the people involved.

It was the same problem with the whole Grealish scenario.  People crying about the divine right to know - putting it above what is most beneficial for the club.  

From now on the club should just announce the team sheet for that week and make no further comment about how long someone is out for.  I can live with that, and so should the rest of you.

Well said. It’s a weird new phenomenon driven by reality tv and social media making people think they are someone ITK or deserve to be behind the scenes and it is frankly a bit pathetic.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Thug said:

All this crap again.

Can we just pin this post on the front page. 

Seriously, the **** bed wetting, foot stomping, moaning, is easily the worst aspect of our fan base right now.

When did we become so entitled? 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Length of time would be good though. If Bailey dosen't make Arsenal he'll be out for six weeks so just say when they scan it he'll be out for 6-8 weeks and then if he's back sooner it feels like a small win.

It's not like other clubs get all cloak and dagger about this stuff. For example Man. City announced yesterday Ferran Torres will be out for 4-6 weeks.

Hopefully he's back for Arsenal but is starting to have the air of Barkley will be back in a few weeks and then two months later...

Yeh they could do that. Maybe they aren’t aware how upset some of our fans get?

“Leon has a strain which is likely to keep him out until after the international break. We would be hopeful that he would be available for the Wolves game but we will need to assess him nearer the time and see how he progresses over the next ten days or so.”

What isn’t clear and straight forward about that? It’s literally exactly what happened. Where’s the mystery?

Edited by a m ole
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, Spoony said:

It’s clear we desperately need this guy but if he’s made of paper we also need a backup 

Thing is he was hardly made of paper before he joined us,  that's what's most frustrating at the moment.  He's a hell of a player and we're desperate to see him in the shirt because he's different to anything else we've got. 

Â