Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

1 minute ago, Wainy316 said:

"Hopefully back in training after Wolves game".  Think I'll write him off for Arsenal too.

We will be only 2 games away from the next intl break after the Arsenal game so there is presumably some risk we may not see him till the Brighton game on Nov 20

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

what a ***** surprise, has any injury recovery prediction from the club/Dean ever proved to be correct in the last two years?

In fairness they said both Wes and Heaton would be out for over a year and they were right 😀

1 minute ago, Peter Griffin said:

In fairness they said both Wes and Heaton would be out for over a year and they were right 😀

true, i mean we complain when we get silence and we complain when they tell us when a player might be back and they get it wrong.

this season has seen a ridiculous number of injuries and issues caused by covid and internationals and it seems to be getting worse not better

1 minute ago, VillanousOne said:

true, i mean we complain when we get silence and we complain when they tell us when a player might be back and they get it wrong.

this season has seen a ridiculous number of injuries and issues caused by covid and internationals and it seems to be getting worse not better

I think the injuries we have got this season are frustrating us (well, they are frustrating me) due to the circumstances and the players. Ollie had never missed a game as a professional in his career and he misses the start of our season which coincides with us dropping points against teams we expected to beat. Sanson finally came back from injury is a player in a position we need and he starts to look like real quality and then breaks down half way through the game with Chelsea. There was a lot of excitement surrounding Bailey and he came on as a sub against Everton and looked a 100m+ player and had the best 20 minute cameo I think any player has ever had in the PL and gets injured.

It feels like a real kick in the teeth and that we are getting no luck but I suspect we are getting just about the normal amount of injuries and are not much different to other clubs. These things do tend to balance out over the course of a season.  

2 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

I think the injuries we have got this season are frustrating us (well, they are frustrating me) due to the circumstances and the players. Ollie had never missed a game as a professional in his career and he misses the start of our season which coincides with us dropping points against teams we expected to beat. Sanson finally came back from injury is a player in a position we need and he starts to look like real quality and then breaks down half way through the game with Chelsea. There was a lot of excitement surrounding Bailey and he came on as a sub against Everton and looked a 100m+ player and had the best 20 minute cameo I think any player has ever had in the PL and gets injured.

It feels like a real kick in the teeth and that we are getting no luck but I suspect we are getting just about the normal amount of injuries and are not much different to other clubs. These things do tend to balance out over the course of a season.  

I mostly agree, although the comedy lack of preseason, coaches leaving, billy big boll*cks f$cking off, covid issues, international issues and injuries probably means we have had worse luck than most clubs, but also hope this evens itself out as the season goes on.

2 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

I mostly agree, although the comedy lack of preseason, coaches leaving, billy big boll*cks f$cking off, covid issues, international issues and injuries probably means we have had worse luck than most clubs, but also hope this evens itself out as the season goes on.

I am still in the position where I think we are well in credit on the luck stakes. We have had a few very significant things happen that could have gone either way. Pens in the semi against Baggies, a playoff final is always a dodgy affair, staying up by a point on the last day and some kind person forgetting to plug in the Goal Line tech against the Blades. We made the most of our opportunities but our number came up for us a few times. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TreeVillan said:

I'm not saying he is but some players are just prone to picking up injuries no matter how long they've been out for. 

As Smith said in the presser today, he didn't have a preseason, so they've had to be extra careful with him.

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Smith always bullshitting on injuries. It's extremely frustrating.

Just say it how it is. If a player will be out for 2 months just be honest about it.

Surely he just says what his medical team tell him. You seriously thinking he lies in his press conferences ?

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

Surely he just says what his medical team tell him. You seriously thinking he lies in his press conferences ?

Isn't exactly the first time something like this has happened.

You don't see it at other clubs.

Â