Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

He is clearly not the player, we thought we had bought ( to date)and that happens too often for us.

I don't profess to know what is wrong with him, maybe he just needs to hang around and find some form without pressure.

However, I don't think we can keep doing this IF we have ambitions for better things...players coming in need to show their worth.....sure not every transfer in will be a hit, but a bit better ratio, would be cool.

Why, its happening, I am unsure....but other clubs do seem to be having a better effect at blending players, even when they don't pay as much as we do for individual players.

We certainly sell cheap and buy expensive on this basis.....with the exception of Jack, but we can't keep dining out on that one.

Edited by TRO

4 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Very positive words from Gerrard today. 

This guy is going to be a big player for us and show that it was a coup to get him. 

Yes, he's a match winner, not had chance to shine yet for us and I'm not sure how fit he really is just yet, I'd hope he's part of our long term plans.

Here's the quote.

Edited by Phil Silvers
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

His injuries with us have definitely had an effect on his acceleration and top speed. I hope he hasn’t lost it. He definitely was a speed merchant but injuries unfortunately can affect a player’s pace.

I think it’s more psychological at this point. He’s still young and hasn’t done significant damage to his body. If he was give the time to properly heal then at this point it should be a mental thing vs a physical thing.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

Don't like hating on players, but he is such a lightweight from what we've seen. Can't press, never wins the ball and can't hold possession.   

Yeah I don't think he suits our needs tbh. Makes you wonder why he's being played over Buendia who can do all those things. 

• Like 1

His best game of season against Everton he didn't want to be on pitch at all, think that says it all, fair enough he is picking up knocks but most players play through some type of injury,

he believed he was gonna be main man when he arrived here and then realised this is a bit tougher then German football and downed tools

Â