Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

37 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Let's face it, he was a total panic signing after losing our best player.

Traore had a very good season last year and yet we signed Buendia and Bailey who also play right side.

Lack of planning from Villa.

Just because he scored in the Bundesliga doesn't mean he'd do well in the PL, Sancho also looks pretty average.

Agree with this. Purslow even said himself they just looked at the stats of Bailey and Ings and thought they could replace Grealish’s output that way. 

Neither Bailey or Ings were really needed and showed a lack of planning.

I really, really hope Bailey makes me eat my words but he isn’t showing any sort of quality whatsoever currently to convince me he’ll come good. 

Buendia has to start ahead of him. Get back to playing a 4-2-3-1.

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Agree with this. Purslow even said himself they just looked at the stats of Bailey and Ings and thought they could replace Grealish’s output that way. 

I really, really hope Bailey makes me eat my words but he isn’t showing any sort of quality whatsoever currently to convince me he’ll come good. 

however much i agree or disagree with this, you know its not gonna happen right?

I think this might be a case of SG trying to play him into form and fitness.

Edit: Apparently SG said he's been the best trainer for the last 7 -10 days and he wanted to reward that.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I think this might be a case of SG trying to play him into form and fitness.

Edit: Apparently SG said he's been the best trainer for the last 7 -10 days and he wanted to reward that.

He will still come good. I’m glad he got the nod today. Just needs a run of games to shake the rust off. 

No idea why he's occupying a spot on the field, let alone starts.

Well, Gerrard said he trains hard. Hopefully Bailey has been rewarded enough now and he gets back to his deserved place on the bench.

21 minutes ago, spiezels said:

Wait…. What!?

Seriously. He created chances for us, Played a good ball to coutinho who should of scored. Gave us a outlet. Shud of scored himself with the chance from watkins.
I was impressed, this is a bailey whos not had much match fitness aswell  

3 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

I think Bailey was needed. 

We needed better quality out wide let's not forget given Trez pre injury was largely huff and puff with the odd nice run and finish. AEG output was good last season but we knew he'd drift in and out of games frustratingly. 

Bailey being reasonably consistant for Leverkusen domestically and in europe and only being 23 fitted our emerging profile nicely.

Let's not forget someone like Dwight McNeill was being seriously linked this time last year. Decent player on his day but he's barely started a game for Burnley in last two months so doubt him in 30m bracket would've been much better.

Smith Rowe would've been but his agent took us for a ride there.

Ings was the odd one really as we really needed a CF who could also fill in out wide like someone like Jarred Bowen does for West Ham yet we someone in late 20s with little resale value who's created so many tactical issues in final third.

Hoping with a solid pre season Bailey can come good but I don't see it in this formation under this manager tbh, he's really a 4-3-3/counter attack system player.

Â