Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

3 minutes ago, useless said:

Seems like a controversial opinion but I didn't think he was that bad today. More annoying thing is his injury.

I don't think he was terrible, but we notably got better once he went off. Now maybe that's the formation, not just Bailey, but it's a pretty big problem that he really doesn't fit in any of Gerrard's preferred formations.

• Like 1

The reason he starts over Buendia is because I think Gerrard is worried that we lack pace with both Buendia and Coutinho on the pitch in the wide (ish) areas. He also wants a proper look at Bailey. 

The problem is, Buendia is twice the player and Bailey is always injured. I wouldn’t be bothered at all if he was sold in the Summer - looks a very limited player and he’s had an awful season. 

I remember when his step dad was talking about Villa being a stepping stone… 😂😂😂

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

The reason he starts over Buendia is because I think Gerrard is worried that we lack pace with both Buendia and Coutinho on the pitch in the wide (ish) areas. He also wants a proper look at Bailey. 

The problem is, Buendia is twice the player and Bailey is always injured. I wouldn’t be bothered at all if he was sold in the Summer - looks a very limited player and he’s had an awful season. 

I remember when his step dad was talking about Villa being a stepping stone… 😂😂😂

And Bailey has no pace. **** hopeless. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Champions League football next? It's about time we replaced Bacuna :)

The bad thing is that he looked non committal with his pace knowing the tackle was coming and then ended up the wrong side of the tackle anyway

There's a player there, there isn't the patience though, give him a fair chance and he'll be fine but he won't get that fair chance 

Edit - and in no way has he "had a season" 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

The bad thing is that he looked non committal with his pace knowing the tackle was coming and then ended up the wrong side of the tackle anyway

Bit of a cliché, but in his last few appearances it's looked like he doesn't trust his body after the injuries.

The moments of brilliance against Everton look a very long way away now, but we'd be having a different conversation if it wasn't for a class save from Krul

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

honestly, i wondered if Gerrard knew we were probably safe, so is playing Bailey to see if he fancies him with a run of games to get up to speed, with a mind to reviewing him for next season, and whether he is part of his plans.

I also wondered if Buendia is 100% part of his plans, so he isnt giving him as much game time towards the end of the season, as he already knows he likes him (ie: he told Emi, you are part of my plans, but i need to see what the others players can do - like Bailey)

I dunno, maybe im........trying to justify it in my own head.

I don't think we'll see him in a Villa shirt again. Looked to me more like he wanted off when the crowd got on his back than he was injured to me. 

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Why do people keep repeating this, when it's literally not true?

He said  "  We think this is the correct next step in Leons career " or something like that.  Ever since then, due to a combo of people not liking Craig Butler, and Leon not performing/ being injured often , it keeps getting regurgitated, even though it was debunked AT THE TIME ffs.

Not once have any of them said we are a stepping stone ffs.

I do clearly remember the likes of Gana Gueye and Benteke saying that though. 

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

When he signed the hype from his dad made it sound like we were signing a top, top player and Bailey is doing us a favour by signing. Looking like a flop so far but we all should know each player is different when it comes to settling in and performing. Stan for example 

Â