Euro 2020 : Semi finals and final

BOF

Southgate has done well getting this far with his pragmatism. They've gotten way further then many of the big guns in the tournament, Spain, Belgium, France, Portugal. 

Sadly England decided to sit back. Southgates pragmatism was his downfall. Call it hubris.

Feel sorry for the kids taking the penalties. To be subbed on solely to take the penalties, just adds extra pressure. Really feel for Saka, ridiculous to let a 19 year old kid take that responsibility. 

What a fantastic team England could be with a progressive manager.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Brumerican said:

My situation is that of a fan who saw Darius miss a pen for England and not once was his race brought into question.  I'm genuinely flabbergasted that thought even entered a rational human's head to be honest and the fact that it's from Trumpland rather than here is quite telling don't ya think ? 

Wtf you on about mate, he made a statement along the lines that it is probably a said state of affairs that these lads will be abused because of this and I think he was sympathising with it. I said sadly this might be true and they should turn off their social media to ignore them and have a nice holiday.

No idea why you have a problem with that and I don't give a **** either, if you wanna vent at someone pick someone else.

• Like 2

Just now, bannedfromHandV said:

Well that was an anti climax, the game itself wasn’t much of a spectacle to be honest.

Must say, never been a fan of bringing people on so late to take a penalty, sure it’s just one kick but you still need a match level intensity IMO, seen it happen plenty of times.

Rashford always looked like missing, took too long (identical to Belotti), sancho the same and that was far too much pressure on Saka’s shoulders - where were the more experienced players though (Sterling and Grealish primarily)?

Didn't the manager pick the penalty takers and the order they are taken?

Pretty sure he told Jack in the huddle 

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

We had the players to destroy them though....................sitting on the bench!

Exactly mate.

The whole nation seen that except one man.

When they leave our best player(s) on the bench for the majority of the tournament then it comes and bites you on the arse eventually.

Just now, Keyblade said:

Yeah like the people who go on about Cultural Marxism, and now CRT, you're right.

Shame these players and their inboxes didn't get the memo though.

Didn't win a football match, and now they're 'grifters trying to import a foreign malaise'. I mean, you might not know this what with living in Canada and all, but there are literally no problems with race in this country. Racism is 'completely alien' to our society, which is perfect on this topic. Surprised you haven't heard that actually.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Sancho coming on for 2 minutes is honestly the most baffling decision I saw in the entire tournament.

Southgate: doesn't want to play seasoned Champions League winger Sancho. He's a young player without experience at this level and we need to protect him

Also Southgate: Up you step for a penalty in the final without playing in the game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

How many times do players have to say they get flooded with racist abuse when they make mistakes?

Pre empting negativity ... At least give the racists a moment to validate it FFS.😀   I just thought it was stupid thing to say out of nowhere and doesn't help the cause in any shape or form.

• Like 1

Just now, Xela said:

Didn't the manager pick the penalty takers and the order they are taken?

Pretty sure he told Jack in the huddle 

I am sure he stated to Jack he was taking "one" or he was penalty taker number "one".

I definately seen what you seen though.

28 minutes ago, KAZZAM said:

Yep that's a good point. What was the point in Hendo? 

Well, I would have backed him for a penalty ahead of Saka but for seasons known only to Southgate the one useful function I might have been good for as a mature, experienced player how captains Liverpool, he took him off and delegated to a 19 year old kid. 

Â