Euro 2020 : Semi finals and final

BOF

1 minute ago, jjaacckk91 said:

Southgate can play the role of Bruce, changing the mentality around the nation, the real question is, who will play the role of Dean Smith.

No one because unlike the original, England's Steve Bruce is incredibly popular.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Mantis said:

Know what? I'm kind of glad the media and the happyclapping casual public are all over Southgate. If Southgate actually did get the boot then Smith would be one of the prime candidates to take over, and losing him would seriously set us back I feel.

I don’t think he’d take it. Not at this juncture and where the club is headed. 

18 minutes ago, leighavfc said:

My eldest Is crying himself to sleep 😔 he is absolutely gutted!

Its tough going through these times, but when the good times come, they will be amazing for him. 

• Like 1

Just now, The_Steve said:

I don’t think he’d take it. Not at this juncture and where the club is headed. 

Probably not, but it'd still have a negative affect on us regardless even if he did eventually turn England down.

As I said though, no danger of that. Let England have their shitty manager and Smith can carry on doing what he's doing.

8 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

You made it to the final and lost on penalties. That football was probably your best chance of winning something since 1966. 

That football will win us nothing. maybe a bit more attacking football and utilising our 125 million pound striker correctly will.

• Like 1

Just now, GingerCollins29 said:

Absolutely disgusted at the abuse saka seems to be getting on social media

That's woeful but sadly becoming the norm from anti Marxist keyboard warriors. 

Saka did nothing wrong throughout the tournament and was one of the few positives 

3 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Social media for you - absolute cesspit. One of the worst things ever created*

* I don't class forums as true social media as they are niche 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Where was St Raheem, why didn't the best England player ever step up?

Load of bollocks

Paul Ince all over again. 

1 minute ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Unfortunately that is not surprising. I had no dog in this fight as it were, but did want England to win it as I thought you guys deserved too.  Sports fans the world over always do that kind of thing and abuse players via social media knowing they would never be men enough to say it their faces if they saw them in public.  Its totally uncalled for, immature, classless,  etc.  Understandable to be upset about losing such a meaningful game, but trust me Saka is just as upset and that kind of stuff does not need to be piled on him.

Do I get upset if one of my sports teams lose? Sure. Do I get the urge to abuse the players from those teams? Absolutely not.  At the end of the day, it is just entertainment and something to get enthused about, but not my life.

• Like 1

I must say that I think Sterling is lucky to have played so much for England.

I really don't think he played well at all in either the semi-final or the final, way too greedy. A better player would have made a pass or taken a shot but he seems to hold on to the ball for too long.

Jack Grealish must be angry, a player of his ability with the statistics of creating more in his limited appearances than almost any other England player should have played more minutes. At sixty minutes on the clock Grealish should have even on the pitch.

Rashford I've never really rated and his penalty was far too cocky.

However there are some very talented players and some great performances from Maguire, Stones, Shaw, Rice and Phillips in particular.

Just think Southgate was little too conservative for the final.

England had a great chance to win something tonight, such a shame.

Final point, Italy were back to their cynical best at times and a red card would have been justified for either Chiellini or Jorginho.

Edited by Zhan_Zhuang
  • Like 4

Â