Euro 2020 : Semi finals and final

BOF

19 minutes ago, Xela said:

I think he got the first half bang on. His formation vindicated. 

He just never adapted in the second half. 

We got the early goal then say back. think Italy still dominated possesion in the first half and had 6 shots to 1. We never really kept the ball well enough. 

Just now, maqroll said:

Because when I saw Saka in tears I immediately knew that he'd get racial abuse on social media.

Then I thought about the other guys who missed and did the math.

Sorry if the truth is painful to you. It is to me too.

Why do black footballers in England get so much racist abuse?

That's what you should be concerned with.

Maths.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jim said:

Interesting he said I’m not thinking about the WC. Wonder if he’ll walk, taken them as far as I can etc…

He will be there for the world cup, what else is he going to do? He would be looking at a Championship job at best currently. I would bet he can stay in the England job for as long as he wants .

2 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Skysports have given Mount 4/10 for tonight's game. Saka got 10/10 and Grealish isn't even on the list.

Is Garth Crooks doing the ratings? 

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

Southgate taking the complete blame, wonder if he'll step down. really think it's gonna be too much for him in the future.

He should take the blame. His game management was non existent. He picked the wrong team,wrong shape, did nothing when we were under siege early in the 2nd half

Failed to bring on someone to hold the ball ( wonder who could have done that?). Brought 2 players on with no time to adapt to take penalties and gave the vital one to

a 19 year old rookie. He's got away with his decisions up to tonight because we've managed to disguise them by finding a way to win, but he's been found out.

Dreadful dreadful decision making has cost us a trophy. Well played Italy though deserved to win

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Brumerican said:

He went racial far too early and for no reason whatsoever .

It was a shitty comment and you know it.

There’s always a reason it’s predictable it always happens , then people react and become all defensive because they think racism doesn’t happen , it’s shit that we all know this is going to happen.

Southgate has the job for as long as he wants it. Obviously we all know he's a shit manager but he's immensely popular among the general public. All most people see is "he got us further than we've been in 55 years". They don't care that we turned up to the final with no intention of having a go.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I'm genuinely interested what you consider overreactions? Most people seem to have pretty much hit all the nails on the head? 

100% 

Think it’s been very level headed on here all in all,  bizarre post, I’m dreading to think of the headlines of the carnage inevitability going on in London and across the country today though!

• Like 1

You know what, I’m a reactionary person, I can’t help it and I’m not a fan of his but honestly, fair play to Gareth for turning English international fortunes around in 5 years, no one can take that away from him and rightly so, it’s something he can and should be immensely proud of. That’s his legacy. They systems and process he’s built and put in place are night and day compared to what we had before but unless he is willing to take the next step himself and start to be brave and attacking in future then maybe it is right to hand the reigns over. Let someone more progressive build on the foundations he has laid. Southgate can stay behind the scenes as director or summat as he seems like he is truly passionate about the inner workings but I honestly can’t take anymore negative cautious GS football with that squad. It’s far far too good for that. 

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

England will never win anything playing that kind of football. 

You made it to the final and lost on penalties. That football was probably your best chance of winning something since 1966. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Skruff said:

Sadly England decided to sit back. Southgates pragmatism was his downfall. Call it hubris.

Difficult to call it pragmatism when that style is all he knows.

2 minutes ago, pintpotvilla said:

He should take the blame. His game management was non existent. He picked the wrong team,wrong shape, did nothing when we were under siege early in the 2nd half

Failed to bring on someone to hold the ball ( wonder who could have done that?). Brought 2 players on with no time to adapt to take penalties and gave the vital one to

a 19 year old rookie. He's got away with his decisions up to tonight because we've managed to disguise them by finding a way to win, but he's been found out.

Dreadful dreadful decision making has cost us a trophy. Well played Italy though deserved to win

Sterling was dead on his feet and yet Sancho is brought on with 2 minutes to go. Grealish and Sancho on after Italy scores makes for a very different game. 

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, maqroll said:

It's a cynical comment, I totally admit that. But it's cynicism based on what actually happens on social media. This has been an ongoing issue. 

I think you are right.  There will 100% be a group of people who will hone in on it. 

Back.from watching the game at a mates house. 

the match was won and lost in the second half due to poor tactics. 

we had the upper hand in the first half but handed them the initiative and the ball for the second 45 instead of continuing to press and expose their defence. 

the defeat lies with Southgate, not any of the penalty takers (regardless of terrible technique!) 

gutted but not surprised somehow. 

we'll be the same in the world cup. 

• Like 2

Â