Euro 2020 : Semi finals and final

BOF

Just now, birdman said:

If you remember he dismissed Italy as a threat last week! Clueless obviously. 

The bloke is a grade A clearing in the woods, he did the same with Denmark and what was it we’ll do um in the final...looks like it Rio 

1 minute ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

It must be said, the defensive partnership of the tournament was Bonucchi and Chiellini, proper solid partnership.

I wish they'd retired last month! :D 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

It as a weird thing to say and deep down you know it pal.

You appear to be conflating what I said with how I secretly feel? Am I actually getting this right? 

I understand people are wound up right now and I am too, even as a non-English person. 

But I'd hold steady there, man.

• Like 1

Just now, Lichfield Dean said:

No. We scored one really good goal, but mostly just faffed around unconvincingly. We were too cautious and lacked proper creative play from, let's pick a name at random, Jack Grealish.

How many shots on target did we have? Did we really try to capitalise on our early goal? No.

I disagree we set up brilliantly. We set up to not lose. We didn't set up to win. And look what happened.

Fair enough. I disagree but it doesn't really matter as we were shit for most of the remaining 90 minutes, which is all on the manager.

Just now, Keyblade said:

You been living under a rock for the past year?

No. I’ve been watching grifters trying to import a foreign malaise and project it onto a society completely alien to it.

1 minute ago, Brumerican said:

My situation is that of a fan who saw Darius miss a pen for England and not once was his race brought into question.  I'm genuinely flabbergasted that thought even entered a rational human's head to be honest and the fact that it's from Trumpland rather than here is quite telling don't ya think ? 

How many times do players have to say they get flooded with racist abuse when they make mistakes?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I genuinely think we have a squad of players who could walk round the football World waving their dicks at every other team on the planet. 

People going on about Italy, Spain, France.  I genuinely think we are much better but our manager just doesn't have a clue how to make it work. 

And the worst but of it is he is going to get a bloody knighthood out of all this because he took us to a final and has united the country. 

Absolute clown. 

He'll be in charge for another 5 years at least and will waste an actual golden generation of talent. 

• Like 1

I'm pissed off but have to say, I'm less pissed off than I was for most of Villa's defeats last season, or indeed any season.

Also so glad that Villa have a manager that actually tries to win games.

• Like 2

I hate Garth’s style of football. Getting to semi finals and finals is a novelty for us hence his plaudits but football won tonight. Boring negative football got shown up for what it is. I can’t take more years of dour Southgate qualification/tournament football 😭😭😭

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

He's the player of the tournament don't you know?

Personally I think he is greedy who does a lot of running without any end product, but I'm sure I'm not allowed to say that.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

Mings would have been absolutely slaughtered if he lost his man like Stones did for their goal. Comedy defending. 

Mount was poor for the goal too, slow to react. Was shite all game mind, so fitting.

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

Mount finishing 90 minutes is utterly hilarious. Southgate cannot take off his favourites when it matters. 

Exactly. Him and Sterling should’ve been off at 60 mins, latest. He’s as cliquey as any other manager. Picking on form. Lol. 

3 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

It must be said, the defensive partnership of the tournament was Bonucchi and Chiellini, proper solid partnership.

We had the players to destroy them though....................sitting on the bench!

1 minute ago, Awol said:

No. I’ve been watching grifters trying to import a foreign malaise and project it onto a society completely alien to it.

Yeah like the people who go on about Cultural Marxism, and now CRT, you're right.

Shame these players and their inboxes didn't get the memo though.

• Thanks 1

Well that was an anti climax, the game itself wasn’t much of a spectacle to be honest.

Must say, never been a fan of bringing people on so late to take a penalty, sure it’s just one kick but you still need a match level intensity IMO, seen it happen plenty of times.

Rashford always looked like missing, took too long (identical to Belotti), sancho the same and that was far too much pressure on Saka’s shoulders - where were the more experienced players though (Sterling and Grealish primarily)?

• Like 1

Â