Euro 2020 : Semi finals and final

BOF

Just now, jacketspuds said:

Southgate set us up brilliantly today, and it worked for the first 30 mins. The problem is he didn't react when Italy changed things up, not until it was too late. Southgate clearly has his favourites, and will pick them no matter what, which is why we struggled tonight.

There goes our bank holiday.

Really?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Southgate got everything wrong today. Think 5 at the back was a mistake. taking off Rice for Henderson and Saka instead of Grealish coming on after 70 minutes didn't work. Then bringing on rashford and Sancho at the end top take the pens didnt work either. 

I think he got the first half bang on. His formation vindicated. 

He just never adapted in the second half. 

• Like 4

I find it weird that after the players have been taking a knee for well over a year now, and in more recent months, explicitly tied to the fact they get racist abuse after bad games, people are shocked by someone are saying those players will be getting abuse tonight? Why do you think they're doing it? Why do you think they had that social media boycott a few months back? How many times do players have to say they get loads more abuse after a bad game?

Of course they're gonna get abuse tonight, because there's a lot of scum who'll pile in, escpecially on social media

Edited by MessiWillSignForVilla
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, maqroll said:

I based my comment on what happens to players in the Premier League.

It was a weird thing to say and deep down you know it pal.

(More to do with the timing and the unsolicited nature just to clarify )  

The racial aspect just wasn't even on my radar until you mentioned it and it threw me through a loop a little. It was strange to me that anybody's head went there so fast to be honest . 

Edited by Brumerican
  • Confused 2

5 minutes ago, maqroll said:

It's a cynical comment, I totally admit that. But it's cynicism based on what actually happens on social media. This has been an ongoing issue. 

It's a sad reality but you are so right buddy, it happens to them everytime, if I were them I'd just switch social media off for a week and go on holiday.

It would be easy to analyse and say the game was lost with x or y and blame the Manger  but we made a final , I dont agree with x and y but we made a final so well done Gareth 

World Cup winners in 2022 will ease the pain 

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Genie said:

Officials were good I thought. Despite Kane and Sterling diving all over the place again.

Officiating all tournament has been brilliant.

We’ll be back to United getting a penalty for someone farting on Fernandes soon enough though.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Xela said:

Better team won on the night. 

Well done Italy. 

Agreed. England looked good for quite a while, but ultimately they were let down by the manager's bad choices.

Just now, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

I find it weird that after the players have been taking a knee for well over a year now, and in more recent months, explicitly tied to the fact they get racist abuse after bad games, people are shocked by someone are saying those players will be getting abuse tonight? Why do you think they're doing it? Why do you think they had that social media boycott a few months back? How many times do players have to say they get loads more abuse after a bad game?

Yeah you just know a story is going to come out about their DMs being flooded with racist abuse. 

Â