Euro 2020 : Semi finals and final

BOF

22 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

In fairness he’d had a good tournament up until Denmark

2nd half vs Ukraine the real Pickford turned up, he was going for walks in that game

He had been good before that

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

All this pearl-clutching about booing the anthems, and pleas to not do it on Sunday have achieved one thing: Expect louder booing than ever. 

If an alien was to turn up on Sunday with no knowledge of football or national allegiances they'd be like why the hell are they cheering that dreary shit and booing that absolute belter.

• Haha 4

Just now, Wainy316 said:

If an alien was to turn up on Sunday with no knowledge of football or national allegiances they'd be like why the hell are they cheering that dreary shit and booing that absolute belter.

We didn't vote for brexit to let aliens turn up here and chat shit about our anthem .

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

Just seen this on twitter, both are awful

OFFICIAL COMMENTARY TEAMS FOR THE FINAL:

BBC One: Mowbray and Jenas
ITV: Matterface and Dixon

BBC are in UHD though, so…

• Haha 1

The only time I find the booing of a national anthem amusing is when the Brits turn up to a big fight in Vegas and boo the American one.  The outrage is hilarious, they're even more precious than we are.

I'd feel the same about ours getting boo'd and subsequent outrage from the little Englander mob though.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

The only time I find the booing of a national anthem amusing is when the Brits turn up to a big fight in Vegas and boo the American one.  The outrage is hilarious, they're even more precious than we are.

I'd feel the same about ours getting boo'd and subsequent outrage from the little Englander mob though.

Because the American national anthem somehow represents military veterans and means more 

Booing ours would no doubt be the same as spitting in the queen's face 

The thing with Sunday is there'll be a fair Italians there, we have a huge Italian ex pat population here, I'd be surprised if they had less than 10k, we've declared what will we do... They'll do the same to ours, it'll be a pissing contest who can boo / sing the loudest, should be fun 

Some horror stories on The Guardian of how Danish fans were treated on Wednesday, some were even told to go home and a father punched in front of his son. Absolute scummy element of football

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

The Star Spangled Banner is worth booing due to it's inherent crime against musicality. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Some horror stories on The Guardian of how Danish fans were treated on Wednesday, some were even told to go home and a father punched in front of his son. Absolute scummy element of football

Just **** grim.  It's part of why I can't really give a shit about what the English national team do, despite being English.  I don't just have any pride when it comes to our fans - and the whole of everything just sums everything up perfectly.  Booing anthems, cheering at that girl crying, shining a laser pen in a keepers' eyes, 10 German bombers - "tiny" things, but just sum up the mentality of En-ger-land fans.  It's obviously not everyone but it's always, always, always there.  There are so many clearings in the woods who actively follow England...

...and then there's this.  I mean, I have no words at all.  They're blocking the road, spot a Danish family (a family!) on a bus and decide to goad and assault them?  What the actual ****?  Punching some guy in the stomach to cheers.  Yeah, great one guys.

A Danish family has described the "fear" they felt when they were assaulted by England fans after the Euro 2020 semi-final.
Eva Greene, 43, said it was "like a zombie movie" when fans surrounded the bus she was on travelling home from Wembley, with her son and husband.
Her nine-year-old child was forced to flee as his father was punched in the stomach by one supporter, she said.
On the final leg of the family's journey to their Dulwich home people were jumping on a truck in the road ahead of us so the bus had to slow down, she said.
"We were downstairs with my sleeping son when a crowd of people spotted our Danish tops through the windows.
"They started banging on the windows and the doors, screaming and yelling.
"My son asked, 'why are they doing this' and I had no good answer."
When the bus driver opened the doors she said the family tried to "diffuse" the situation by congratulating the fans on England's victory.
"This went down like a lead balloon," she said.
"There was an aggressive mood that filled us with fear. It was a bit like a zombie movie.
"My son clearly got scared and he went up the stairs, so I followed him to keep him nearby."
At this point a fan ran at her husband punching him in the stomach to cheers from the crowd, she said.

(Link:  https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-57779541)

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

17 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

'Crime against musicality'? Whatever do you mean?

For some reason lately embedded YouTube videos don't play for me. Any idea on a fix?

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

Just **** grim.  It's part of why I can't really give a shit about what the English national team do, despite being English.  I don't just have any pride when it comes to our fans - and the whole of everything just sums everything up perfectly.  Booing anthems, cheering at that girl crying, shining a laser pen in a keepers' eyes, 10 German bombers - "tiny" things, but just sum up the mentality of En-ger-land fans.  It's obviously not everyone but it's always, always, always there.  There are so many clearings in the woods who actively follow England...

...and then there's this.  I mean, I have no words at all.  They're blocking the road, spot a Danish family (a family!) on a bus and decide to goad and assault them?  What the actual ****?  Punching some guy in the stomach to cheers.  Yeah, great one guys.

A Danish family has described the "fear" they felt when they were assaulted by England fans after the Euro 2020 semi-final.
Eva Greene, 43, said it was "like a zombie movie" when fans surrounded the bus she was on travelling home from Wembley, with her son and husband.
Her nine-year-old child was forced to flee as his father was punched in the stomach by one supporter, she said.
On the final leg of the family's journey to their Dulwich home people were jumping on a truck in the road ahead of us so the bus had to slow down, she said.
"We were downstairs with my sleeping son when a crowd of people spotted our Danish tops through the windows.
When the bus driver opened the doors she said the family tried to "diffuse" the situation by congratulating the fans on England's victory.
"There was an aggressive mood that filled us with fear. It was a bit like a zombie movie.
"My son clearly got scared and he went up the stairs, so I followed him to keep him nearby."
At this point a fan ran at her husband punching him in the stomach to cheers from the crowd, she said.

Yes too many drunken louts that follow England. 

I read earlier they weren't able to find the moron in the crowd with the laser pointer, so presumably he's somehow got away with it.

I'm sort of amazed they don't have security cameras in stadiums pointing at the fans, because it'd make it easy to identify people when stupid stuff like the laser pointer incident or the fireworks in the crowd happen, etc. Apparently booing the rival national anthems is forbidden by UEFA too, so it'd be good to be able to identify people doing that too.

They have the details of the people sitting in every seat, so reviewing the footage afterwards and identifying them wouldn't be hard. And once a few people have been charged and it's obvious you're on camera the whole time you're watching the game, I don't think you'd get further incidents like the laser pointer one.

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

My first taste of English football yobism was in 1997 during the WCQ in Rome. I was watching it at a bar in Boston and a few English guys were yelling some really ignorant shit. Really bad impression. 

it is always the reason that ensures it's never too disappointing if England lose, cause at lease those **** excremental failures of human beings are unhappy too ( alongside the jingoistic newspapers, who always ruin and undermine any sense of occasion by inviting karmic responses through their unrelenting arrogance ) 

• Like 2

And as always it will get waved away as a few bad eggs ruining it for the rest of the them. It's not thou, it's much more than that and it's part of their football culture, absolute cretins.

Â