Euro 2020 : Semi finals and final

BOF

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

Probably not a popular opinion, but if he's fit enough to do at least an hour then Henderson should start in the final IMO. Italy's midfield against ours is the most obvious mis-match in their favour, so Henderson's experience at the top level is important. Dunno whether you'd just switch him in for Phillips at maintain a 4-2-3-1, or switch to a 4-3-3.

I agree with this.

A couple of times England have looked flustered and panicked. It’s bound to happen against Italy so Henderson might be a good option to settle the midfield down.

• Like 1

From page 70 onwards this thread is incredibly embarrassing. They scored via a soft foul and so did we. Booing and cheering on Denmark because we subbed Jack off and won the game controversially. Complete embarrassment from the majority of posts in atleast 20 of those pages.

Ecstatic we're in the final, never in my life time nor my dad's. What a month. So excited for Sunday

• Like 3

6 hours ago, sne said:

Absolutely baffling that the game wasn't stopped for this just before the penalty. So much wrong with how the game was decided. But bet UEFA  are happy since the home team won again.

Fans have taken to social media to vent their fury at there being two balls on the pitch just moments before England won a penalty against DenmarkThe laws dictate the game must be stopped if the second ball is interfering with play

The ref was very poor

6 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I hope they find him and ban him from attending games, but why would the police get involved? I'm not sure shining a laser pen at someone is a criminal act. At a vehicle, absolutely, people get done for that, but distracting a footballer isn't a crime as far as I'm aware

FWIW, shining it in someone's eye is a criminal offence

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JoshVilla said:

The thought of Phillips starting against Italy scares me. He had a good first game against Croatia but every game since he's either been anonymous or, as per last night, an obvious weakness.

I get that he's a decent player with a lot of potential but there's no way he should be starting for England. He'll end up being sent off v Italy

• Like 3

3 hours ago, El Zen said:

Many of us aren’t even English.

A point that seems lost to some people. Alot of people on here want england to lose. I'm not one of them in case anyone is wondering 

• Like 1

I am happy to plant my flag :) Here is my order of desired results. Number ONE is the only thing that really matters. The rest is gravy for me.

1. Grealish and Mings come home safe without injury.
  2. England win
  3. Mings & Grealish play in the final
  4. Mings or Grealish to score assist in the final

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

I really want England to shithouse a totally undeserved win in the final. I think the rest of Europe, and a lot on these shores too, would implode in apoplexy.

I have changed my vote to this.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, WakefieldVillan said:

Was pretty p1ssed off that Jack was subbed last night and having slept on it, I still think it was the wrong call to make (regardless of us going on to win the game) - I personally think we may have won by more the way the Danes tired, a man down ETC but we will never know.

But, I can see the thought process behind Southgate's decision and ultimately he has got England into our first major final since 1966 so I am delighted with that, regardless of whether or not he plays "our Jack".

I always put club before country (Give me seeing Villa win a league before England a WC any day) but there is no way in the world that I would be cheering on the Italians on Sunday evening and I would be surprised if any "English" people would truth be told (despite a fair bit of anger/frustration last night).

I don't believe Southgate "has it in" for Jack, the fact that he's been the first sub last night and against Germany pretty much proves that so I do think that's nonsense, but it's clear he doesn't either trust him defensively or is pragmatic approach to games just doesn't suit Jack's playing style, perhaps a bit of both.

It's frustrating as Villa fans seeing us play with two holding midfielders, then Mount, because with Sterling providing England pretty capably down the left and a few goals to boot (I'm still not blown away by Raheem but that's another matter) then it's difficult to see Jack fit into the system. But as England fans - we are winning games with this personnel so the manager isn't (can't?) really been questioned. (Apart from on VT obviously).

I'm 99.9% sure JG won't start on Sunday but we will probably see him from 60 mins onwards -  and hopefully he comes on and sets up or scores the winner.. Can you just imaaaagine? Let's face it ALL of VT would be absolutely buzzing for that for the rest of their lives.

As for the final I think it will be the same team as Denmark - but I would mix it up. I think Henderson for Phillips or Mount might be a good option, a bit of a calming influence in the middle of the park. I think Phillips was poor last night particularly in the first half and Rice wasn't much better though his game did improve after the interval. I feel the emotion of the game could get to Rice, hence the need for a bit of calmness. I'd personally play Jack over Saka or Mount too but that's wishful thinking. We can definitely do this though but first goal could be so crucial. Prediction 2-1 us.

UTE. :P

I think its a bit of both.

• Like 1

Denmark tried but weren't up to the task, I thought England had better players and would win. Chances and possession England dominated and we're worthy winners, should have put them out of their misery in the ninety minutes though!

I was slightly annoyed in the two free-kicks for their goal; the rugby scrum tactic isn't football and shouldn't be allowed. 

Good performance from all of them and I just hope they can continue this into the final.

Edited by Zhan_Zhuang
  • Like 1

It's coming home...

Danish fans hit by insults and saliva at the European Championship semi-finals: 'I will never go to an English football match again'

Both children and adults in the group of Danish fans experienced being harassed for the semi-final match.

Sigrun Matthiesen Campbell, who lives in London , was inside watching the semi-final match with her English husband and three children aged 14, 11 and 9 years.

- My daughters aged 14 and 11 did not dare to take off their jerseys and show off their Danish football jerseys and hats because they were intimidated by the English fans. We were spit on when we walked instadium , and people shouted insults, she tellsDR .

Her daughters did not end up taking off their jerseys at all, but her nine-year-old son kept both the national team jersey and hat on and was yelled at after the match.

And though other English fans stepped in and tried to avert the situation, Sigrun Matthiesen Campbell is disappointed and has sent her story to with her husbandDBU .

https://www.dr.dk/sporten/fodbold/em/danske-fans-ramt-af-skaeldsord-og-spytklatter-ved-em-semifinale-jeg-skal-aldrig

• Sad 1

Â